[SOLVED] MOTIF VSTi Editor 1.6.4 not compatible with C8

This set up works very well.
And as indicated in the article, it does offer greater routing flexibility: Your choice of Mono and Stereo.

Maybe because I work in the Software Industry for 30 years now:

Comments like “now I sold the poop…” or “…get your Job done” make me angry.
We all know that Software is a complex Thing and pressure to deliver at a given Point of time is enormous.

NOBODY FORCES US to use a freshly released product for production purposes when the Version before is workin solidly.
It will always be the case that the first release has defects. many things work perfectly and C8 is useful for many already.

For the rest (I am among them) waiting for some of the bugfixing-Releases makes sense and is no Need for Special Aggression against Steinberg or Yamaha. Especially not in cases were reasonable Workarounds do exist.

A good argument if it was a free software update, but not when I buy it for my money.
Would you say the same thing if you bought a new Samsung TV that didn’t work, “Nobody force you to watch that new released TV, you can watch your old one until Samsung has fixed the problem.”

Not a valid comparison. A valid comparison would be some of the smart features on the TV don’t work correctly and they are working on a fix.

Cubase 8 works for me for what I am using it for at the moment so it’s not completely broken.

“Not a valid comparison for ME”, you must add. We are not all Richard Herberts in the world you know. :wink:

For me that had a Yamaha synth that I wanted to use with my bought Cubase 8 for making music, what I wrote is a valid comparison.

Well, maybe it depends on what is most important for somebody. I have a Motif XF and I love it. The sounds, the possibilities, all. And I am using cubase for Music production since 10 years or so. I am used to it and it always did mostly what i needed. For a complex Software the Quality is fair for the Price. iow Cubase is a good buy, worth the Money they Charge for it. Even including the bugs and Troubles.

I would never sell my Motif XF - it is “Music”, just because I have to wait a Little for a Software-fix.

Cheers, Ernst

I didn’t sell my Yamaha MOXF8 because of the waiting for Cubase update, I sold it because I wasn’t satisfied with the quality of the sounds. I ordered a Kronos 2 instead.
My thread here earlier was meant to be jokingly that Steinberg doesn’t have to hurry up the update for MY sake anymore. :slight_smile:

Apparently, not the Motif XF Editor or the Yamaha Extensions, at all. Get Cubase Pro 8 update 8.0.10
Enjoy!

So is the Motif editor fixed now?

Yes it is.

Works really well again. I’ve dropped V7.5 now and working with C8. Very pleased.

The Editor has always worked, the ‘fix’ is to update to Cubase Pro 8.0.10
You do not need to update the Yamaha Editor, the current versions (of the MOTIF XF, XS, RACK-XS, MOX, MOXF, and S90XS/S70XS) works in all versions of Cubase now, including the newest Cubase Pro 8.

Thanks Lads.

I’m getting intermittent crashes on exit with Motif VSTi instruments added to projects in Windows 7 64 bit, C8.0.10.

Anyone else having this occur?

Interesting to note that if I create a new project and add a Motif Instrument track it seems fine. If I add to an existing project it might crash at any point, but definitely at exit.

Beginning to think I need another clean install soon after the last one.