[SOLVED]No sound from audio tracks, but VST instruments work

I think I may be doing something silly.

After recording an audio track, it records fine, and the waveform is visible, but on playback it doesn’t affect the visual audio levels and I hear nothing. Play the wav outside of Cubase and the sound I recorded is there.

VST instruments are sounding fine.

Hello,

Please make sure you have disable the monitor button on the audio track that you have recorded.
This is not a proper Issue report, I am moving this thread to the general forum.

Best regards,
GN

The monitor button is off. It’s not that.

Hello,

Then please try the following:

If you are working with an USB-audio interface, please increase the Buffer size above 256.
What audio interface do you have?
You can also download and install the ASIO4ALL driver and switch to this driver, whenever the problem occurs.

Best regards,
GN

I tried the buffer size. No luck. I’m using a fairly old Digidesign MBox 2.

The ASIO4ALL driver has got the audio tracks now appearing in the graphic equalizer but now I have no sound at all. I’ve connected up the inputs and outputs of the MBox in the VST connections and the ASIO setup, but no luck.

Edit: And it just started working after a few minutes without me touching anything.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Hello,

Most of the time you just have to switch the driver to ASIO4ALL and then back to your driver and it should start working again.

Best regards,
GN