[SOLVED] Split stereo channel into two mono channels/buses

Hi,

OK, then try this:

1. Add 2 Stereo Group Channels.
  2. From the Audio Channel Send the signal (via Sends) to both Group Channel.
  3. On Group 1 add any Insert effect, which is able to be flat (don’t change the signal), I’m using Studio EQ.
    3.1) Make sure the settings is really flat.
    3.2) Open Channel Settings window and choose the Inserts > Routing.
    3.3) Click to the 1st slot arrow and choose Mono.
    3.4) Click to the arrow again and choose Open Routing Editor.
    3.5) Here click to one of the < arrow to get the left channels connected, not the right channels.
    3.6) Click OK. Now on this Group 1 Channel, you should hear just the left part of the signal. It’s in the Centre, but you can set the panning of the Group where you want to, for example to the left.
  4. On Group 2 add any Insert effect, which is able to be flat (don’t change the signal), I’m using Studio EQ.
    4.1…4.4) Repeat the steps of 3.1 to 3.4
    4.5) You don’t have to open the Routing Editor, the right Channel is already set to go thru.
    4.6) Now on this Group 2 Channel, you should hear just the right part of the signal. It’s in the Centre, but you can set the panning of the Group where you want to, for example to the right.
  5. Set the source Audio tracks Out to No Bus to don’t mix the stereo source.

See attached screenshot, please.

I hope this will work to you.

Please see attached example project. There are 2 different approaches.

• Sends 1 & 2 are using the 1st approach (the Group Channels are folder in the Approach 1 folder)
  • Sends 3 & 4 are using the 2nd approach (the Group Channels are folder in the Approach 2 folder)

Of course you can use only one of them.

• Approach 1 is more flexible with the panning afterwards.
  • Approach 2 is more straightforward and you get the gard-pan to the L and R of the Group immediately, without a need of panning on the Group Channel.

Split stereo channel into two mono channels_buses.cpr.zip (26.3 KB)

1 Like