[SOLVED] Using Apogee Mic through lightning and monitoring with Bluetooth

I can’t get this to work: I have the Apogee Mic ( their original model, NOT the Plus, the 96k, or the Hypermic) which I want to record a track on a project with other audio stems. I connect this to the iOS device with my lightning cable, of course. I have Bluetooth headphones for monitoring. But when the Bluetooth headphones are active, there is no way to select the MIC, all that comes up is the iPad or iPhone mic.

What am I doing wrong?

AB

Hi AB,

What bluetooth headphones do you use? Does these come with a MIC function?

Regarding using BT headphones or speakers:
Using these devices with Cubasis or other mobile DAWs, will introduce system-related latencies, which will make real-time operations impossible.
We strongly suggest to use such devices for tasks such as listening to final mixes etc.

Best,
Lars

Thanks for the reply.

Yes it is a AKG Y500. Though I never knew it because I don’t need it, I see it does have a Mic.

I somehow got it to work, although is not clear why what I did should have fixed it. But you are right, the latency is uworkable.

It looks like I will be able to work with my AMBEO set which is like a headset & binaural rolled into one.

So basically if I want to record with a MIC and play along with audio files in Cubasis, I need a full DAW interface card ( like Apogee ONE ) with a headphone jack for monitoring?

Best,
AB

Hi alphabrackets,

Glad to read that you seem to have solved the issue yourself.
What happens if you use the headphone jack of the iPad, or do you use a model which does not have it?

If you plan to do more in-depth recordings, the use of a decent interface might make sense (while the Apogee MIC is of great quality though).

Best,
Lars

I tried this on an iOS device with a headphone jack and that works well. The latency is not a problem. Thanks,

AB

Great to hear, thanks for the update, AB!

Best,
Lars