[SOLVED] Where are my IAA instruments gone?

Hello.This is my second post. I have three IAA instruments missing, they simply are not in the list which is very frustrating. The IAA instruments are Patterning, Tera Synth and Thor and it doesn’t make any sense to loading as audio tracks. Cubasis is my main Daw and now I don’t think I will buy a new IAA instrument again.

Hi Ivan77,

IAA allows to route audio, MIDI and effects between Cubasis (host) and compatible node apps in realtime. There are three basic types of nodes:

• Effects can be set as insert or send effects
  • Instruments are assigned to a MIDI track and automatically receive MIDI from Cubasis
  • Generators are inputs for audio tracks

It depends on the app manufacturer what type of nodes are available.
IAA apps that are not listed as instruments (only for audio track inputs) are in fact IAA generators (= only for audio tracks) and not IAA instruments, i.e. they cannot receive MIDI via IAA (only via CoreMIDI).

In doubt, please check back with the instrument or effect app manufacturer what IAA types are supported.

Hope that helps,
Lars

Thanks for the answer LSIowak, much apreciated. I didn’t know the differents between the IAA instruments and generators. Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your message, glad to hear you’re up and running.

Best,
Lars