Solved - Where is the option to keep mixer channels "always on top"

As the subject says, the option is gone and I can’t find it in preferences or the manual. You used to be able to right click on top bar of a mixer channel and the Always on top option was there.

Solved : You can right click where it says channel strip or equalizer and the AOT option will pop up.

1 Like

Do you mean this? If so, it’s long gone.

Regards :sunglasses:

Not for the whole mix console but for editing a single channel (when you hit the “e” on the mixer channel). My workflow is to keep lower mixer open but have the single channel edit window open if I need to get deeper. When I click on a channel on the lower mixer, the single channel edit window follows the channel I click on. Without the always on top option, the single channel disappears when I select another Channel. See Attachment for window I’m talking about.

You are right… Looks like that AOT is gone too ( it was there in CB 9.5).

Thank you OnBeat. :wink:

Just to clarify…

To get this “Always on Top” option you must right click somewhere below the taskbar. So starting in the bar area (whatever it is called) that lists “Inserts”, “Strip”, “Channel Strip”, etc… or anywhere lower in the body of the edit screen. This is slightly different from previous CB versions where you would right click on the toolbar area.

Edited for accuracy…

Yes, exactly, there is now another menu that appears in its place when you click anywhere else.

i am using cubase elements 8 and cannot find how to keep MixConsole always on top - i’ve tried all the methods above - i had to re-install cubase recently - the MicConsole used to always be on top and now it isn’t and i can’t find the controls to make it always visible

The mixconsole has no AOT option. It was removed after CB 7.5

Regards. :sunglasses:

The mixconsole has no AOT option. It was removed after CB 7.5

thx Prock - but strange that it was always on top on my previous CB elements 8 install a few years ago

You can try using the lower zone mixconsole. It may be right up your alley. I (still) don’t like it but… maybe you will.

BTW… Strange indeed that it worked in CB E 8:

Over the years I have gotten used to the unavailable AOT mixconsole function but, every so often it still bothers me when my mixconsole gets hidden. So I submitted another “feature request” just to see how much feedback it will receive.

1 Like

You can try using the lower zone mixconsole. It may be right up your alley. I (still) don’t like it but… maybe you will.

i can’t seem to find any reference to lower zone mixconsole or even lower zone in my cubase elements 8.0.40 - i would try the lower zone mixconsole of i knew how

Sorry… I forgot you are using CB E 8. The lower zone mixconsole was introduced in the CB 9 series. Oh well.

Regards. :sunglasses: