Some compatibility quetions from a beginner

1. Could you please tell me whether Cubase 12 will work properly on Windows 10 21H1? My PC is a little out dated, and it cannot upgrade to Win10 21H2.

2. If I pay for upgrading to Cubase 13 in the future, can i go on runnning Cubase 12 while running Cubase 13 on another PC?

It should work, but there can be a few unexpected issues and Steinberg Support may not be able to assist you if you have problems. Windows 10/11 21H2 is the minimum officially supported version. Are you sure you can’t update to it?

You’ll be able to activate your Cubase 13 license on up to 3 computers simultaneously. This license should be compatible with Cubase 12 for as long as the Steinberg Activation Manager is up to date. It’s automatically updated every time you run the Steinberg Download Assistant.

Hi,

I would recommend to download Cubase 12 Trial and test it on the given system.

Steinberg offered backward compatible licenses. With Cubase 11 license, you can start Cubase 10.5, 10, 9.5… We don’t know yet, if Steinberg will offer the same with the new licensing system. But there is high probability it will. In any case, since the new Steinberg licencing system, you can use your Cubase license at up to 3 computers.