Some dongle help...

So my steinberg cubase sx 2 dongle is somehow a miracle it’s still working. Today I bumped the laptop the wrong way and that thing just bent straight down. So I just ordered another dongle. Is there some way I can get my licenses off this thing before I can’t transfer to the new one before it gets here. I’m in the middle of some heavy projects and I’m nervous as hell. Can I transfer what is currently on my dongle to my cpu ELicenser software…

I would say the MOST important thing right now is to make sure all your licenses (on the dongle) are registered on My Steinberg. If they are, you should have no problem replacing them.
HTH
J.L.

Thanks, I do have that covered :wink: So when my dongle arrives I can put both dongles in to transfer or use my steinberg to send it to my new one?

You can´t transfer to HD, only to another USB dongle. If you already ordered a replacement dongle, maybe you should just wait and try the transfer by yourself (just plug both dongles, transfering your licenses using the elicenser software).

But if the old USB dongle is really dead, you will need to send it to Steinberg. Did you tried to use it after the accident?

Yes, It’s in and working, It wasn’t at first. Poor thing looks had…lol. I hope this can hold out til the new one arrives.

Great news! So you can do the transfer by yourself. Don’t forget to register the new dongle on your MySteinberg account.

In the realm of “closing the barn door”…

You can pick up a 6" or so USB extension cable. That will cut down on the risk of damaging your Steinberg Key, but more importantly it will reduce the risk of damaging the USB port on your computer…

great idea. thx. will jump on that asap. :sunglasses: