Some issues I noticed tonight.

Opened a session for client that had been working on day without issues… The session was playing one vocal from somewhere that could not be identified. Solo//mute everything did nothing… Re-open session and fine…

• Noticed cannot bypass Melodyne plugin from inspector only from melodyne itself. Is this normal behaviour?

When delete VCA the VCA track doesnt disappear only the fader itself

Hello,

Yes, that is because Melodyne do not has a Bypass button so the Cubase bypass button on the inspector does nothing.
You need to bypass directly in Melodyne.

Best regards,
GN

Guillermo please see my other post and respond this has cost me so much time and hassle tonight… thanks

After further research its become obvious vca is to blame for this extreme blunder tonight so responding and just pointing to melodyne is a little unfair…

Hello,

I am responding you on what I know, you have two separate issues. Melodyne do not has a Bypass button and therefore the Cubase bypass button on the inspector has no effect.

You have two completely different issues and you think they are both related but they are not. If you have a VCA track with no tracks routed to it… you will have a VCA track with no fader.

If you go to: Project add VCA track it will not have a Fader, if you go to the mixer, select a couple of tracks and select “Add VCA fader to selected channels” It will have a fader.

Best regards,
GN

Ok but the other things i witnessed tonight noted in my other thread… wow there is no explanation for those… Holding a the mouse down on fader to hear audio? come on… Even basic functions stopped working.

Hello,

Sorry but I am not reading every thread, please read your first post, I am replying to your posts in this thread… including other subjects will be off topic, I am not following every thread.

Also, if you think you have find a bug, that is not the way to report it, you have to post a step by step guide on how to reproduce the behaviour.

Best regards,
GN

With all due respect - are you aware of how this sounds? :unamused:

Ah Guillermo is a good dude hes helped me a few times… I can see how I came across a little salty but the VCA bug had me scratching my head till 6 am for a session that was due for mixing the same day for a major motion picture. These opportunities don’t come around to often and when they do the last thing you need is a bug like that…

Hello,

Yes, I might have come to harsh, I have edited my post. But that is strange indeed the VCA mute bug in theory was corrected with Cubase Pro 8.0.10… I will have to take a look again, it is frustrating for me as well, and on behalf of the company I apologise for the inconvenience it might have caused you with your client.

Best regards,
GN

The issue i was having, there is other threads on here from 8.5 users complaining of same issue.