When saving a Cubase project, some MixConvert V6 settings are lost.
Here’s my steps to duplicate the trouble:
- Launch Cubase
- Add a Group Channel Track (Configuration = 5.1, Track Name = Surround In)
- Add a Group Channel Track (Configuration = Stereo, Track Name = Stereo Out)
- Route output of track “Surround In” to track “Stereo Out”
- Route output of track “Stereo Out” to “No Bus” [I’m doing this in order to export surround channels to stereo wave files via File > Export > Audio Mixdown… As such, no audio output is necessary. Normally, there would be three such pairs of group channel tracks, but for this demonstration, one is sufficient.]
- Double-click on track “Surround In’s” panner to reveal the MixConvert V6 control panel
- Press the Show/Hide Input Panel Display button to reveal the Input Panel Display
- Click on the left front and right front speaker indicators
- Reset all levels to 0.0 dB
- Save the project
- Close the project
- Open the project
- Note that the left front and right front speaker indicators are no longer selected
I’m running Cubase Pro 9.0.20 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Computer is a scratch-built Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz with 32 Gb RAM.
I hope this is helpful.