Some older plugins cause Cubase 10 to crash in Windows 10

I tried putting SoundToys Microshift on Control Room and bypassing it.

Now all Antares, Softube and Slate Digital stuff seems to work without running Windows 8 compatibility

I don’t get it, but it seems to work now…

I have also read before on a forum somewhere that if you load a Soundtoys plugin first then the plugins you have mentioned will not crash Cubase 10. I don’t have any SoundToys plugins to test this though but this is not the first time I have read this so there is likely some sort of relationship there with loading Soundtoys plugins that makes all the other plugins you have mentioned load properly.

Here are the crash dumps from 10.0.10 I haven’t updated the plugins yet. I used WeTransfer because it wouldn’t let me attach them to this message for some reason: https://we.tl/t-mhQQ6P8pSO

The plugins you mentioned are the same ones in these crash dumps and all work jBridged for some reason even if you jBridge the 64 bit plugin version to a JBridge 64 bit plugin version file. You don’t need to JBridge the 32 bit version. That combined with the soundtoys work around that other people have discovered would indicate some sort of bug to me.

And as mentioned they also all work when running in ‘windows 8 compatibility mode’

It’s easy for me to mix without these plugins at all. It’s just opening 9.5 or earlier projects that uses any of these becomes a problem as you know from this other thread: Computer für Audioanwendungen - WaveLab - Steinberg Forums

Same issue here. Loading 64 BIT Waves Plug-in into Audio Insert causes crash.

Looks like the soundtoys trick is working for all the people on this thread too. Softube, Kush and few other plugins still don't work after the update (Windows 10) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Hoping Steinberg will acknowledge the problem and fix it without users having to do these sort of work arounds.

omg Thankyou so much!!! All works fine now! It’s so… weird.
But it’s ok for me now :-/

Win 10 x64 Cubase pro10

I just tried my projects that wouldn’t load in Cubase 10 earlier with the new release 10.0.15 …

And they now DO load without problems. I don’t know what changed but it wasn’ t something I did :wink:.
(Note: The Soundtoys plugin trick didn’t work for me in older versions of Cubase 10 either)

I can’t find anything in the version history that might indicate this fix, but I’m sure something related must have changed in this latest release.

Do any of you have the same experience with Cubase Pro 10.0.15 related to this previous defect ?

Regards,
Maarten

Microsift works here also, thanks for the hint

Microshift helped here (see picture)

Good Luck !


Furthermore i did this trick:

Note – If you want to try Cubase with temporarily fresh settings – You can hold down Ctrl+Shift+Alt when launching the application.
Then i had chosen start with clean settings.

And voila, the test has shown, that there could be a settings conflict.

I deleted the setting while letting cubase 10 reimporting the settings from Cubase 9.5

It seems to work…

Same issue here. And same solution here. But it is not an solution. Steinberg - please resolve this issue/problem. I can’t use Cubase 10 till it’ll work correctly.

I just fixed my problem on 10.5 with the Little Microshift in the control room. LoL