some opinions please !

the bass, let me see if i understand this correct, you turned a wave file into midi data and its actually a plug in thats playing the bass, i didnt know that was possible

To be clear, your bassperformance is 100 procent intact and there. The MS20 is a monophonic synthesizer with a decent lowpass filter. If you put that filter way down you end up with a sound almost like a pure sine. So zero harmonic content. If you watch it on a spectrum analyzer you see only one curve for each played note.
I mixed in that part and rolled of the lowend of your bassperformance.
This way you have a very deep version that on it’s own doesn’t sound good but mixed with the bassguitar adding up to a rich sound.

You can do this with each synth offcourse, with Prologue use a one oscilator sine wave and filter it steep down.
Problem with Prologue is that the notes will become not consistent, like the C will be much louder then the D for instance, you need to work a lot with automation and multibandcompressor to even that out, plus it doesn’t sound as thick as the MS20.
If you don’t have melodyne you need to manually play the basspart, as I always did (before I had Melodyne :mrgreen: )

Greetz Dylan.

Dylan,
i’m speechless, i really wish i understood what you just said :slight_smile:

Early might not like it and maybe one day i’ll look back and agree with him but for now i can only see the good in what you’ve done, but to know and have the option to do this if need be is always a bonus

Early,
you, are right, there is alot to be learned here, when Dylan first put up “the class notes” it made me laugh at how little i know, Dylan can tell you what, how and why he done something, someone who knows exactly what they are doing, then there’s guys like me who tweek presets for hours to try and get the desired sound. often failing

from the class notes (yes i’m sticking with that :smiley: ) the thing i picked up on most was the drums, as was pointed out the crashes weren’t there, its a common problem i have, the crash and ride never have that ring, i’ve saw myself picking a drum preset that i dont like as much because the cymbals have the tiniest bit more sparkle, having an output for each drum/cymbal i think is the way to go, from there i might figure out what makes the cymbals stand out.

there’s alot been done here but before i go trying to get all the cool stuff i think i need to get the basics sorted