Some pre-purchase questions

Hello. I am looking at getting Cubasis 3 for Android and a new tablet. Looking at Samsung models but have not decided on that brand for sure. My main purpose is to use it for playing backing tracks in a live situation. My questions are:

1. If my project only has four (4) audio tracks (no MIDI or plugins), what would an adequate tablet model be RAM or otherwise?

2. I prefer not to use my reading glasses on stage. Is there a zoom feature (be it in Cubasis or a tablet) that would allow me to see the Marker or track names larger?

3. Can I create a project in Cubase and then use it in Cubasis? I know there is an importer to do the Cubasis to Cubase, but am unsure about Cubase to Cubasis.

Thank you in advance to whomever may reply.

And as an idea for a future improvement, adding the ARRANGE TRACK functionality found in Cubase would be ideal for live situations. Anything in general that allows Cubasis to be used for backing tracks would be appreciated.

Hi MEFlyingV,

Thank you for your message.

I’d suggest to give our free downloadable Cubasis LE Trial for Android version a try.
Cubasis LE Trial for Android is our compact version of Cubasis, allowing you to test drive a smaller feature set of the app in a 30-minute demo mode.

Testing this version shall provide you with concrete answers for most of your questions.

1. Can I create a project in Cubase and then use it in Cubasis? I know there is an importer to do the Cubasis to Cubase, but am unsure about Cubase to Cubasis.

It is possible to exchange Cubasis projects between iOS and Android.
It is also possible to load Cubasis projects with supported Cubase versions via the freely downloadable Cubasis Importer.
To load Cubase projects with Cubasis, it is required to create audio and/or MIDI stems within Cubase, to be imported with Cubasis.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Thanks, Lars. I do need some guidance though so I can purchase the tablet to use. I don’t own a tablet that can handle even Cubasis LE, plus I don’t want to over spend on a tablet that will only play back basic tracks. Especially since I assume the playback will be much less of a system strain on the tablet than recording.

So any guidance you can give me regarding RAM, etc would be appreciated.

Mark