Some problems in Dorico. Multi Voice

I tryed to find in manuals. I can’t understand the logic of the dorico. I am from Finale and Sibelius. It’s easy just pick the second voice and click the note.
I know the shift + V to add the new voice. But how can I quickly input the second voice of 3rd voice ? Always need to select The bar first? Shift v? It’s so hard for me. I’m wrong every time. such as sometimes the first voice transfer to second when I press v. Sometimes it’s doesn’t work…… Somebody help me?

1 Like

You can keep adding new voices with Shift V, which will alternate between new up-stem and down-stem voices.

You can also use the Edit menu or right-click Contextual menu: Voices > Change Voice > New Up-stem Voice (or Down-stem) to put music into a new voice.

Pressing V without Shift will alternate through the existing voices.

1 Like

And if you inadvertently create an upstem voice when you needed a downstem voice (or vice-versa), Edit > Voices > Default Stems Up/Down will change the nominal stem direction of the entire voice.

1 Like

Don’t press v?

when you’re in Note Entry mode (shift-N) there is a little orange note by the caret (orange entry line) which tells you which voice you are in. Pressing v will change voice while you’re entering pitches, and shift-v will allow you to enter a 3rd, 4th and 5th etc. voice, as many as you need.

These are denoted as “upstem” and “downstem” and by default it will make an upstem, then a downstem, then upstem 2, then downstem 2 etc. in that order.

1 Like

If you have not encountered it yet, View > Notes And Rest Colors > Voice Colors will help distinguish between the various voices n your manuscript.

1 Like