Some problems.

Hi.
Am I allowed to ask about two problems? In my bloody Doctors Surgery you can only ask about one, it takes 2 weeks to get an appointment so I might be dead before I get to explain the second one. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I digress.
I have lost all the presets for my native Cubase insert effects. I know they all have them because I watch all the vids and the guy always says “As always we’ve provided heaps of presets for you to try”. It’s important to note that it’s not the Midi effects, all the presets for those are fine and I can find them in various places on my machine anyway. When I search for this problem (as I like to do thoroughly before bothering you good people) almost all the topics are about missing Midi Effects presets, mine are the Insert effects that are empty and I can’t seem to find any reference to them in the various Steinberg Folders.

So I found a couple of suggestions to re-scan all your disks in MediaBay, which I have done, it took forever. Firstly, it didn’t help with the missing presets but secondly it’s thrown up another issue. The Max File Display in Mediabay. I’m really surprised I haven’t seen this mentioned, with modern systems and sound collections I’d imagine loads of people must run into this. Mine hit 100,000 in no time and continued scanning for ages after that so I imagine there must be tens of thousands of media files I’m not seeing. Do they just cease to be available to Cubase?

Thanks.

A quick edit.
My Loop Browser and Sound Browser also max out quickly. Am I doing this wrong?

More edits.
Right, some light is getting through into my befuddled brain. I can select different media types in the drop down box and so split up the libraries so to speak. Although if i search for Audio files only or Audio Loops only it still maxes out so it’s only a partial solution.

I’m still stuck on the Presets though if anyone knows how to fix 'em.

Hi,

are you on Mac or Windows? If you are on Windows, I would recommend to reinstall Cubase.

Make sure you:

• Download the Full Installer.
  • Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unzipped folder.
  • Install from the setup.exe.
  • Install as administrator.
  • Install to the system (C) drive.