Some songs don't import correctly between CB2 and CB3

Upon purchasing Cubasis 3 I was able to transfer most of the tracks from Cubasis 2 using the method I’ve seen mentioned here in the forums (share/more/open in cubasis 3) but a few tracks have not transferred correctly, showing blank. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Hi VACCyberChrist,

Thank you for your message.

We’ve seen a problem in some projects, that use the Bit Reduction effect plug-in (which is included in the FX Pack 2 IAP).
Unloading the effect before transferring the project should resolve the problem.

Please check and let me know if this helps as a workaround for the time being.
The issue is planned to be resolved in the next Cubasis update.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

1. This warning on UNLOADING BIT REDUCTION PLUGIN to enable proper C2>C3 porting was helpful to me. I started documenting a similar C2>C3 issue only to find this solution (among many similar questions and possible solutions that did not work) and wished that I had seen it earlier. This information should be pinned.

2. I think you should also PIN or emphasize that the proper way to port C2 projects to C3 is for users to USE THE SHARED FOLDER in C2. For some reason, importing from the C2’s PROEJCT folder (or other folders) into C3 is inconsistent often yielding blank place holders. Yet, somehow, zipping the project and placing it in C2’s SHARED FOLDER allows it to be imported into C3 properly. Maybe you could xplain why…

Making these two pieces of advice more clear and obvious to new users of C3 could save you from having to answer the same questions over and over.

That said, I still can’t make the move to C3 until the MIDI export issues are fixed.

Best, Kanegon

Hey Lars,

Thank you that seemed to fix the problem. Everything has been imported no issue now.

Hi VACCyberChrist,

Glad to read, thank you for the update!
The plug-in problem will be resolved with the next Cubasis 3 update.

Thanks
Lars