Some VSTi's are not playing right away in project window.

yes it is happening here also.
I just start playback a half a bar earlier and it plays back fine.

Here too since 7.07. Disabling asio guard fixed it. Also with asio guard on, it is not there on an export.

Same here - have been seeing this with projects loaded in to 7.5.10 that were built with earlier versions (yes, even from projects as far back as SX3…!).

There is a simple 2 bar eight-beat count in (MIDI outputting to the good ol’ LM7 would you believe) using a sidestick. It starts right at 1.1.1.0. Some beats are completely missed (usually second, third and fourth)…! Open the event in the Key Editor and every note plays/sounds perfectly fine…!

Duplicate the track - mute the original, and the duplicate plays perfectly fine, every time…! Swap the mute with the original; and still beats are missing.

These are not crazy-fast, stupid tempo projects. No tempo map data/changes til further in to the song (usual stuff).

Interesting…

Hi there,

could you please send me a .cpr file where you have this issue to info(at)steinberg(dot)de? We can then try to find the issue. Please make sure that only Steinberg Instruments are being used in the project!

Regards

I have had a similar issue since 7 came out but when exporting down, an instrument does not play the first note. I had to do a realtime export of just the first note and import it back in as audio to get around this

Not sure if this is what happens to me, but I presume that some samples are loading faster than others, but if you force trigger it, it loads faster (ie, it won’t play back the first few seconds, but if I open key editor, it will begin to play) But I haven’t experienced not getting the note to play, AFTER forcing it.

Stuff like Trilian, big Battery libraries, H5 does this. I have never gotten it from a synth.

On closer inspection only disabling asio guard for 2 native instrument plugins, namely battery and kontakt also fixed it. I even believe SB advices not to enable them on multi output plugs.