Some WaveLab Elements 8 plugins not usable on old laptop?

I’ve just installed WLE8 on an old laptop (Pentium M running Vista 32-bit) and notice that some plugins are missing … Studio EQ, Brickwall Limiter, Tube Compressor, Compressor, Gate, Limiter, Distortion, RoomWorks SE, Autopan, StereoEnhancer.

The Sonnox plugins are there, as is VST Dynamics (legacy). I’m just wondering is the problem the CPU?

I don’t know if that’s the problem, but Vista is not supported. Or maybe the Pentium M is the problem, not having the proper instruction set for the mentionned plugins.

It seems to be the CPU, I tried it on a Xeon desktop running XP (also not a supported OS) and all plugins are listed. Is it possible to find out the minimum CPU required for these plugins?

Interestingly, I just updated my Cubase Elements 6 to Cubase Elements 7 on the same Vista laptop, and now the Cubase Elements 7 version of some plugins – for example, Tube Compressor – work within Cubase Elements 7. So is there some difference in the way the plugin set is compiled for CE7, compared to WLE8?

(Yes, I know Vista is not supported …)

Any idea why Tube Compressor is available in Cubase Elements 7.0.6 on a 32-bit laptop but not within WaveLab Elements 8.0.3?

Look again, it’s there.

No, definitely something to do with WaveLab Elements 8. The attached screenshot shows Cubase Elements 7.0.6 happily using a selection of plugins that don’t show up in WLE8. Are theWLE8 plugins compiled with different options compared to Cubase perhaps?
WE8_CE7_Plugins.PNG

There is something wrong in your setup. Look at the normal menu:
2013-11-05_07-43-30.png
Did you change something by mistake in the plugin preferences?
Maybe erasing theses files PluginSettings.dat and Plugins to ignore.txt, if they exist in your preference folder, would help.

Thanks PG, I deleted the entire preferences folder but even after a complete rescan those plugins don’t appear. I don’t want to waste your time here … this is a Pentium M remember … I’m just curious why the plugins appear in CE7 but not WLE8. I’m guessing that “Wavelab Elements Plug-in Set.vst3” is compiled with some option that prevents it from working with the Pentium M.

I’m guessing that “Wavelab Elements Plug-in Set.vst3” is compiled with some option that prevents it from working with the Pentium M.

I guess so.

I reverted to WLE7 on this laptop and all the plugins of that version worked. I saved the “Wavelab Elements Plug-in Set.vst3” from that version, uninstalled WLE7, re-installed WLE8 and replaced that file with the one from WLE7 and it works. Bit of a hack, but this old machine is fine for edits and at least now I have Limiter and Studio EQ back.