Sometimes, one click is not enough to toggle a properties switch

Thanks - that works for me. I’ve just gone through every button I could find in the bottom panel and all of them worked without fail by clicking above the button. As an estimate, I’d say that clicking in the lower 40% of the button fails to activate the switch. Conversely, clicking up to 80% above the button will activate the switch.

With apologies for the shaky hand movement, attached is a brief screen recording showing what I mean.
Buttons.mov.zip (171 KB)

Dear Ben (and David),
Thank you for that very interesting input! After all, it might be a vertical positioning problem.
I’ve made my own video, and it looks as though the vertical problem is not the same, depending on which line of the panel the property is.
clicking the properties.mp4.zip (103 KB)
Note that, on the top property, the pointer is in the middle of the toggle and it does not switch! I guess this is what caused me to start this thread. I hope this can be easily solved :wink:

Could at least some of this difficulty (or difference) depend on screen resolution for each user?

Dear Derrek,
I made my video using the macbookpro 16" which has quite a fine resolution (3072x1920). But the problem still exists on my 1920x1200 second monitor. I probably have less control over the pointer on the latter…

FWIW, I see exact same behaviour on my ‘non-Retina’ display as my 2x scaled laptop screen. Screen resolution doesn’t cause the same issues as has been found on Windows, AFAICT.

I think all of this is caused by our use of a custom control here, and we will need to spend some more time on trying to resolve these issues in future. I’ve not seen the specific problem that Marc and others describe, but I think the fundamental issue is simply that it’s tricky to click in the right place, and that is certainly an important usability problem for us to resolve.

Thank you Daniel for answering, especially on a Sunday evening. Good to know you’re aware of the problem!

Just a quick word to say the Team has solved my “upward shift” when clicking in the property panel. There’s a ghost blue square that flashes where I should click. I find it really self explanatory and haven’t read about this interface novelty. I like it. Thanks !!! :pray:

2 Likes

I’m not seeing a blue square but the buttons certainly have a more forgiving click area. Hurray!

I must say I’m sooooo grateful that the team allows that we click somewhere on the text next to the button now. Massive time-saver (it probably should have been like that from the start, but however) THANKS !!!