Sonar by Bandlab's Solo Listen feature

New Nuendo user here. I would like to know if there is a Solo Listen feature in Nuendo where if you solo a track all of the other tracks will be padded by -6/-12/-18db so as to focus the selected track while still hearing all the track at a desired lower level?

Yes.

1 Like

Thanks ggmanestraki. I am familiar with the Listen Mode. My inquiry is somewhat different - I think. For example I want to edit a MIDI/Audio track with the context of the overall arrangement, I want all the other tracks to be attenuated so as to focus on the edited track.

Have a look at Cue Sends. That might be helpful.

In browsing the docs don’t see it listed as a prebuilt feature; however, it wouldn’t take but a min to build a Project Logic Editor to do such a thing and bind it to a couple of key_combo and/or remote control.

I.E. Drop all unselected Tracks X amount/percent. Or: Raise selected track(s) X amount, and bring Master down X amount.

You can get rather specific in building such logic as well.
I.E. Select all tracks a certain color, or with a certain pattern in the track name, or All muted, or all soloed channels, etc then do something to them.

If you require several Logic Editors to run in a series it’s possible to in many cases to have one set of Logic do its thing and then launch a second set, or to build Macros in the Key Commands dialogue.

This is precisely what Listen does. You must configure it in the Control Room.

2 Likes

Missed that. Have to click the grey bar at the top (Main) to unfold the thing and see those options.

1 Like

Thanks a lot steve.

Thanks everyone esp Steve. I figured it out.