Sonarworks SoundID Ref4 none responsive with Cubase 12

Cubase 12.0.30 - WIN11 21H2 - Reference 4 Version 4.4.9 (Build 11)
I bought the update to SoundID Ref when it came out, but never updated the plugin inside Cubase.

I’ve been experiencing this on and off since 10.5 and not just with Soundworks Reference and ID but also Nugen Mastercheck.
Have not found a fix.

Thanks for info. I only started with SoundID so don’t have ref4 to fall back on :roll_eyes:

@SF_Green Sorry to hear that, doesn’t bode well for most of us.
Everything was great for me with C12 Pro before 12.0.3 & with soundID before latest version.

The only problem ive had with SW is when ive updated SW’s and then the SW plugin becomes inactive in my controlroom . All ive had to do to activate it is press the Delay compensation button in the bottom left corner even thou it’s greyed out .
No problems since then with SW

Yes you have, on the download center page of SW you can download the exact version I have (your license should allow you to use the older version as well):

Sonarworks

1 Like

Thanks a lot for letting me know that.

1 Like

I haven’t received any solutions from Steinberg or Sonarworks so I’m going to attempt a restore of my system image backup from 19th May when life was perfect and unimcumbered.
Wish me luck in my deep dive into the abyss! :flushed:

So even the old version did not work for you? Or werent you able to activate it with your lice se?

To be honest I didn’t try sound ref 4 because I was worried I wouldn’t set it up correctly as it took me a long time with support to set up soundID ref and also Cubase 12.0.0 still had problems so having spent too much time already that I don’t have, I just want to return to state I had before updating both Cubase 12 and soundID so I hope to do that and then avoid all updates for a long time to allow me to finish ongoing projects.
Unfortunately today on trying to restore system drives I had to go out and buy a new external (unencrypted) hard drive to copy my backup files to from my encrypted drive that won’t work on restore, but that new hard drive failed so I had to replace it and am just copying my files right now.
Something tells me I should give up- but I’m even more determined to get a stable state now!
UPDATE!
YESSSS!
I have successfuly restored back to May 19th full image backup of my Windows systemdrives including C: and am now running well again with :
Cubase 12.0.0
SoundID Reference 5.2.3.2
I’ve managed to stop SoundIF ref updates by having to select that option on all insert occurences in control room, as well of course in the main app preferences.
I am now going to return to making and recording music instead of battling with admin. I will also save time watching endless Youtube clips on the latest this that and the other!
Perhaps I’ll update to Cubase 13 when everyone else has been running 14 for a while haha.
Thanks to all for your time taken posting and I hope yours and my posts are useful to others. I do think systems are so complex these days (as are the features of course) that everyones situation is proably slightly different depending on Win/Mac system files etc.

Here is the fix!

Follow directions in black box. Then everything comes alive

how did you bypass the VST3 plugin? I only see the vst3 in my plugin manager.

I have this messed up issue. Its only on empty new sessions
and If I enable record it just craps out so its definetly not normal.
If sonarworks is engaged its just peaking like crazy, but than I open some sessions with bunch of stuff in it and it works smoothly, it seems like its only when I create new. its driving me nuts, I cant seem to figure out whats wrong. I tried the legacy version and deleted vst3 and turned control room on and off. nothing seems to be working, It must be something with the new update from sonarworks but Im curios to know if its just soundID and cubase thing and if there is a workaround

1 Like