Song for the homeless... Cubase 7

So I wrote this song from the deep sadness in my heart for the homeless people :cry: And in this current economic state things are looking no better.

The songs changes perspective, first looking at the world through the eyes of the streetman, and then through the eyes of the rich. Comments are welcome, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing this song :smiley:

Cheers, Chris

Love it! Can hear the passion from your heart in this piece and there’s nothing that beats that. I like the contrast you create between the street man and the wealthy man, it’s so true of our world today. There is a place for all kinds of music in the market and I hope you can find a place with this song. Michael.

Thanks so much Michael! :smiley: Yeah this song means a lot to me. I love the two views as well. Spent quite some time pondering over lyrics and choosing suitable words to get the message across as thruthfully as possible, the way I invisioned the song in my mind.

Cheers, Chris

very good song , i like the lyrics and how you phrased the chorus .

beautiful lyrics great production too. All the open spaces and breath in vocals and your phrasing is wonderful :slight_smile:

A couple of thoughts on arrangement, Not sure about repeating instrumental phrase again at end of gtr solo. Some three part CSN and Young type vocal would put this over top.
Great writing!

Beautiful song. Very cool arrangement and performance.

Like your voice a lot.

Would have loved to take a stab at playing a guitar solo on this.

brilliant song…just brilliant !!!..Kevin

I think most people on this forum understand the artistic high’s and low’s that go into the music we create. So thank you for your comments, it really inspires me :wink:

your right there…in my case mainly lows…Kevin

I feel your pain Kevin :laughing:

I think you did great with this one. I like the contrast between the verse (guitar only) and the chorus, and then whatever the next even louder section is (gotta learn my song part musical terms!). Works really well. Sounds like I would hear this in a small indy club. Really like it.

I can only echo what others have said. Very good song and a wonderful tribute.

I notice its quite long which doesn’t bother me of course, and I appreciate it takes as long as it takes to tell the complete story, but I did wonder whether it might be worth trying to do a ‘radio friendly’ edit anyway?

:sunglasses:

To be honest, I was thinking the same thing, although I think you got away with it…

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Ya length did cross my mind in this song. But I decided to hell with it, thats the way the song flowed and I felt 6 minutes was I small devotion to the thousands of lives spent under the stars.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, means a lot :wink:

Cheers, Chris