Song tracked with Abbey Rd plugins

Kevin, everything you do sounds so good. Such a good writer, arranger, and producer.

what you been drinking and can I have some…Kevin

I don’t really have time to read through all the comments right now. I liked the strumming guitar, the flanger (if that’s what it is) has a really cool sound. There is a lot more clarity and balance in this track than some of your previous tracks, you should be proud of that if you aren’t already. The melodies and chords work well and flow. My two biggest gripes though are that I’d have liked the bass to deviate from the rigid pattern here and there. Second is just personal preference and that’s the hi-hats playing a faster pattern at the 1:20 section, but it sounds fine as it is. Well done with this one. :slight_smile:

Hi Jonathan…your right about the bass and it’s comments like this that push me to stop being so damn lazy during production and on reflection the hi hats are just stupid aren’t they…why did I do that?
cheers, Kevin

It has got to be such a great feeling to have so many comments in such a positive way. I too have listened and read many of your posts and have always enjoyed your highly informed comments and recording talent. Clearly many people enjoy your techniques. Congratulations

Thanks for those kind words but gotta say that my work has improved because of the people on this forum who have taken the time to comment (positively or negatively) because both sides help…they know who they are, I’m a very lazy “producer” and it’s down to other forum members who have pushed me by telling me…well, actually that bass line is a bit boring, or…hey, your playing the wrong note somewhere, this is too thin or too fat…too loud or too quiet, all sorts of stuff, I thank all members who have taken the time to help me since I joined this forum…

Kevin

Nice work. Tasteful use of delay on melody instruments, nice vocals, and I like the Mellotron that peeks through from under the instruments at about 3:00.

I don’t use the Cubase included plugins much anymore either. I have 3rd party plugins that are favorites for almost every application. Before I got a 3rd party tape sim plugin, I used to use Magneto on a lot of tracks, especially guitars. Tape simulation seems to fatten them up and make them more consistent dynamically so they’re not out in front one second and getting buried behind stuff the next.

The drums do sound powerful and punchy. I used the Drumkit from Hell in EZ Drummer for certain songs I’ve done. The toms sound like canons! A great kit for rock, metal, and anything that needs maximum punch and tightness from the drums.

Thanks for looking in that70srocker I reckon from now the only plugins I’ll be using are the AR’s and the tape sim…thanks for the encouraging comments…really appreciated…Kevin