Sonix De-Buzzer crash

Hi all, I just installed the Wavelab Elements 9 software and started using it immediately on some test files I have here.
I tried to filter out the 50 Hz buzz from some recordings and wanted to use the De-Buzzer, but as soon as I select the plugin to insert it it crashes and Wavelab reports that I should save my work and start the program again.
This happens every time, some not random, it immediately crashes. I have installed the 64 bit Wavelab 9 Elements.

Any suggestions/fixes?

Regards,

Alex

Which operating system and version number do you use? There is a way to provide a crash report to help show what causes the crash.

I have installed Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), Wavelabs Elements with latest fix (9.0.25 I believe)
And how can I get that crash report? (So I can include it?)

I’m not so smart with Windows as I mainly use OS X, but now that the operating system is known, PG or somebody else will likely tell you how to find and share the crash report to diagnose the issue.

Thanks for the quick reply Justin, I can install the software on my Mac Book as well of course, maybe that works :slight_smile: I will update here as soon as I get home.

It should work just as well on Windows 10, and crash report should say where the problem is, and it should be easy to resolve.

If I have time today, I can find where WaveLab puts the crash reports on Windows 10 but it’s likely that PG or somebody else will tell you first.

I tested the software on an Intel MacBook (64 bit as well) and the plugin works fine there (“It just works” Steve Jobs would say :slight_smile: )
So it seems 64 bit Windows related, any more users having troubles running it?
Btw: i7 quad core 6th gen, 8Gb memory DDR4 and 1Gb SSD storage.

All good here, 64bit Win7. PG will check in soon…

I can’t reproduce a problem here. There must be a conflict with some other component of your system.

Ok thanks all, I will try and have a look at my ASIO driver then, in the past they messed up some things for me, maybe this is the case again… But at least it is good to hear that it works for people on a Windows 10 environment (64 bit). I will update as soon as I have found the culprit…

lexus, maybe you’ve found the problem already, but if you’re on Windows, you could enable the Crash Reporter for the future. From an earlier post by PG:

It is possible for WaveLab to generate some proper diagnostics. Please do this:

• Click on the File Tab
  • Now press Alternate and click on the Preferences button
  • Now press Alternate and click on the Global button
  • You can now see a tab called “Diagnostics”, at the right side.
    Click on it. then at the bottom of the page, check the button “Enable Crash Report”.

Now restart WaveLab. Then do the procedure that causes the problem you experiment.
This will create a crash log that is usable.

I believe there’s a button on the crash dialog to send the crash report directly to Steinberg when it happens, using that method.

Thanks Bob! I did not have time yet to check for the culprit, but this certainly sounds like a good place to start!
Will update tonight when I get home.

Unfortunately, no matter what menu I strole down there is no TAB called ’ Diagnostics’ to be found.
Do I need to run the executable of wavelab with some parameters in order to be able to create a dump file?
Still in the woods here, the problem isn’t only in Sonox De-buzzer, it is also in Sonox De-clicker.
The weird thing I notice is that what I want to insert the Sonox plugin in the ‘Effects’ and I select the Sonox plugins it lists three plugins of which only 1 has 3 stripes on the left of it, the other two plugins (which raise an error when started) don’t have those stripes…
Btw I installed ASIO4ALL as well and that also didn’t help me, the plugins fail in ‘Windows MME, Creative SoundBlaster ASIO and ASIO4ALL v2’ modes.

lexus, if you didn’t, you need to hold down the Alt key on the keyboard when clicking on the Preferences button and the Global button. Then the Diagnostics tab should appear, and you can check Enable Crash Report.

3 Stripes is VST3. No stripes is VST2. I thought all 3 of those plugins were VST3 only.

The weird thing I notice is that what I want to insert the Sonox plugin in the ‘Effects’ and I select the Sonox plugins it lists three plugins of which only 1 has 3 stripes on the left of it, the other two plugins (which raise an error when started) don’t have those stripes…

That’s weird. These 3 plugins should have this symbol (VST-3 symbol).
I would recommend to remove your preferences, desinsall, then reinstall.

Delete AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Elements 9\ to remove the preferences.

Thanks ! I will definitely try this tonight, I will post an update of the progress…

That did the trick! Thanks a lot for the help!!! :laughing:
(I deleted the folder you mentioned and did not have to reinstall a thing, the plugins are now indeed recognized as being VST3 ones and it works!!)