SONNOX SuprEsser Mixdown distorted

Hello,

It’s mysterious but you can listen yourself. I’ve opened a support ticket too (#36371),
but since 30.5.2017 no response. Probably holiday season.

Here, how to reproduce the problem I have:

1. Start Cubase 9.0.20

2. Open new Project, use Template acoustic guitar and vocals (german Akustik Gitarre und Vocals)

3. Import an audio track with vocals (mine is “A_Voc 01_18.wav” 32bit mono), no conversion,
    but copy to project folder

4. Remove VSTDynamics as insert. Insert SONNOX Supresser instead (actual VST) and it should be activated

5. Plugin Supresser: detailed settings, just open those, nothing else.

6. Insert Steinberg standard limiter into output bus, set to -0.3dB out to avoid clipping. (You usually should :wink: )

7. Play: => all you hear is fine. Save project (Suppr_01.cpr).

ATTENTION: now export, audio mixdown, WAV, 44.1k and 16bit, nothing else, no dither just export.
Export file (…\Mixdown\Suppr_01_C9.0.20.wav) and listen to this 44/16 WAV file.

It’s really bad sounding. Just listen to my example.

Next!
8. Close cubase. Reopen this project with cubase 8.5.30 (64 bit too of course),
9. redo the export (…\Mixdown\Suppr_01_C8.5.30.wav).
10. Listen to that exported file.
Everything is fine.

And now :question: :question: :question: SONNOX SuprEsser is a well working plugin but not in combination with cubase 9.

My project contains an audio sample from a session. Perhaps you can try it if you own the sonnox SuprEsser.
Please let me know how it works in your DAW. Thank you.

Imagine you have a monster project of 100 tracks and something is wrong like this.
Will you find the buggy plugin then? :imp:
SONNOX.7z (1.69 MB)
Suppr_01_C8.5.30.wav.zip (1.75 MB)
Suppr_01_C9.0.20.wav.zip (1.74 MB)

I found a hotfix (NVTSUPP5v2-1-4(hotfix).exe) dated 2017-06-22 at sonnox download page. Try it this weekend.

And it works, problem solved! :smiley: