"Sore Subject" "Midi Timing!!"

Hello,

Installed Cubase 7 and…WOW!!! Midi timing seemed to be right on the mark with no need to qunatize. And no, auto quantize was not even enabled! Couple of days later and yes midi timing is acting up again! Sometimes the notes fall behind, sometimes ahead of the beat. And when i play a note on the keyboard, oh…nooooo! You can’t really record the part right because you cannot get into the groove. But, when i stop playback and strike a key, there doesn’t seem to be any noticeable latency :confused: . Latest driver for M-Audio 410 Firewire is installed (2009 is the last year Avid updated this driver i think), running Cubase 7 (even though my specs at bottom don’t agree with it). PC (Dell Studio XPS 435t/9000) is pretty much optimized for Windows 7 audio recording (nothing running in background except for serivices i think?). i’ve even tried that deal where you move the “ignore port filter” thingy and you get the “emulated ports”, put it back though. Maybe there’s a lot of serivces that can be disabled or something that i can do that i don’t know about? i know it’s a sore subject but can anyone help me out on this one? It would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Please, be easy on me… :open_mouth:

Activate the ASIO guard technology from Devices menu and enable each MIDI track you want to record on for ASIO Delay Compensation.

Installed Cubase 7 and…WOW!!! Midi timing seemed to be right on the mark with no need to qunatize. And no, auto quantize was not even enabled! Couple of days later and yes midi timing is acting up again!

What do you mean acting up again. Cubase 7 isn’t alive … is it!

How can it be great after you installed C7 and then start “acting up” what changed in your system?

tmy

To some it might be :sunglasses:

The solution here is to reset your ASIO drivers and try various buffer/size settings.

Thanks for responding. Thanks “emotive” i’m giving this a try right now!

Of course it’s alive :slight_smile: it keeps us coming back!

Nothing that i personally changed in the system. That’s why i asked, if there was perhaps anything working or running in the background that needs to be disabled. Thanks for all posts, this really helps. :slight_smile:

+1 :sunglasses:

The solution here is to reset your ASIO drivers and try various buffer/size settings.[/quote]

Thanks! This one worked for me so far!!! :sunglasses: