"Soul - Rhodes C 01" instrument. Does it exist in your Cubase program?

hi,

I have an ongoing issue about downloading Groove Agent content which doesn’t
show up in Mediabay (e.g. Raw Power, Laser Beams etc.).

Today, I fired-up an old project which used “Soul - Rhodes C 01” instrument
but could find no trace of it in my version of Cubase 12.0.52.

So, now I’m wondering if I’m missing loads of other VST instruments. . .

Yep, I have it and I don’t remember having purchase any content pack, beside HSO, a long time ago. Actually, it’s a .wav file and it has a typical ‘Rhodes like’ character. Its path is VST Sound > Soul Assembly > Audio Files, which contains 373 items, here. I guess that these are used by Halion Sonic SE, but how to be sure ?

I guess that you already did it, but Maybe a full rescan of your “contents” location is needed…

Wow, thanx. MUCH bigger problem than I thought!

Groove Agent replaced Groove Agent with just TWO crummy libraries. Past and present downloads are there but invisible to Mediabay.

Cubase 12.0.52 seems to have lost previous Halion content (such as “Soul - Rhodes C 01”).

I had no way of knowing such things until now.

Technically, Steinberg has the best products but cuts its own throat with its appalling Download/Licensing/Activation/Registration fiasco.

Thanks again.

Seems not though, considering @cubic13’s reply. What was the result of doing what @cubic13 suggested?

'Fraid not. “VST Sound > Soul Assembly > Audio Files” doesn’t seem to lead anywhere.

I can see “Soul Assembly” in Steinberg Library Manager and Details shows the path to the enormous *.vstsound file but don’t see how that can be scanned. I added its path to VST Plug-in Manager but still no missing file, even though Plug-in Manager lists Groove Agent and Halion 6 in VST instruments.

The length of time taking Steinberg Support to reply shows they must be drowning in tickets. . .

Best regards,

GO

But it’s not a VST plugin, it’s a content set.

Nope. My ‘missing file’ doesn’t appear.

Mediabay does not see loads of content.

Interesting to know exactly what it is seeing.

Post screenshots please.

You are looking at presets for the Halion and Groove Agent VST instruments, but as has been pointed out in the topic already, Soul Assembly is not a plugin, nor a preset for Halion or Groove Agent. They are plain old audio files, meant for song construction.

If you need to clarify what the difference is between a Plugin and an audio file please do so by googling those terms, or you can ask here.

I provided a screenshot. Please review it, and then try to do the same thing on your system.

Please follow these instructions to force a MediaBay rescan:
Cubase loops and samples missing - #6 by Romantique_Tp

Mediabay just no longer sees loads of stuff it used to.

It must be the latest Cubase 12 update that caused the problem.

Thanks. I’ll come back to this after dinner.

Hope the dinner went well… :smile:
More seriously, I suggest to go in the MediaBay window and do the following (screenshot below) :

1. Be sure that either All Media Types or Audio Files is selected in the medie type filter dropdown list.
  2. Select Logical for the kind of filter.
  3. Set exactly the logical filter as shown just below the filter type.
  4. Go to the VST Sounds > Soul Assembly > Audio Files path : you should have 98 items in here, which comes with Cubase installation, obviously : I have them, without having done any pack purchase, beside HSO, which has nothing to do with the ‘Soul Assistant’ content.

As @steve and I already stated, it’s an audio file, not an instrument or a preset. So, if you don’t have it at this location, then it’s time to seriously consider @Romantique_Tp suggestion and see how things go from there. Keep us informed… :slightly_smiling_face:

Dude, Romantique_Tp The Man!

Pix don’t lie.

Well, has been fun. Problem solved, know-how gained.

I better tell Support and cancel my ticket.

And thanx to everybode who took part.

Chow for now.