Sound comes after i play the keyboard

Don’ t use MS wavetable synth. And finally start reading the manual, or you will get nowhere.

Thanks sven, you’re a walking encyclopedia - chock full of information.
Thank you for all your help, sven.

Try the following:

1. Start Cubase
  2. Goto > FILE > NEW PROJECT > EMPTY
  3. In the TRACK LIST (pg 47 manual) > RIGHT-CLICK > ADD INSTRUMENT TRACK
    If you have fully install Cubase then there will be some VSTi that came with it, just select any one
    The VSTi should load and a new track with its name appearing
    There should be 4 icons, (The REC Arm, Monitor, “e” and “keyboard”); other buttons are below [that is IF you have not changed the defaults]
  4. Click on the Monitor (the icon that looks like a speaker) - it should highlight in YELLOW
  5. Play on your Casio Keyboard - sound should be played with no issues
    Just make sure you have selected an instrument patch or sound file from within that VSTi

If there still is latency then something else could be acting up…

for now this test is just to determine that you have not been trying to trigger the external CASIO KEYBOARD sounds.

Hi Keyzs,

WOW!! OH, YES, man! This is great! All is as it should be.

I’ve been playing around with all the different sounds, of which there are so many, compared to the year 2000 which is when i stopped recording music.
Good grief! Where does one begin making music, these days, with all of these different sound options?!
I’ll be here for months just deciding which sounds to use. I might go senile by the time i figure out which sounds to use.

And to think that for each instrument sound, i can edit each one with all of these different effect features? Man, oh man!
Where does one begin!
I know - with hours and hours without any warm sunlight on my skin as i check out each one.
(Geez, what have i got myself into.)

THANK YOU, so much, Keyzs.

Robbie