Sound doesn't wake up when after closing and opening 2017 MBP

Sound doesn’t wake up when after closing and opening 2017 MBP.
I’ve made a lot of changes in the last week or so, upgrading to D2, installing NP, making NP my default playback.
What I’ve found is that after I’ve closed the MacBook clamshell–even for less than a minute–(as you would do if you needed to attend to something else briefly) the sound stops working, and I have to do various things to get it going again (not clear in my memory which work). Is this a problem with the operating system, its security settings, Dorico, NotePerformer?
Has anyone else got this problem?
j

More: Play > Playback Template restores the sound, but also reactivates tracks previously muted. Still don’t know what’s causing it.

When you are in that situation where you don’t get sound, please choose from the main menu Help > Create Diagnostic Report. That will create a zip file on your desktop. Please send it to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’ together with a link to this thread.

Done! Thanks, Ulf. j

Related, but perhaps different: if I close my same MBP for a few minutes and open it again, Dorico gives me the spinning beach ball, and I have to hope I’ve saved my changes before I closed it. Other programmes are OK.

Sometimes I lose Dorico audio when I close my laptop, a 2015 MacBook Pro. Just now I closed it, and audio was gone; then I closed it again, and when I opened it the audio came back! I just updated to Mojave yesterday, fwiw.

After relaunching Dorico, would you please create a Diagnostic Report and send to me? Thanks.

I’ve sent the report just now. Thanks, Ulf.j

And it’s fine now, as soon as Ulf asked for another log. Maybe the NotePerformer 3.1 upgrade fixed it? I don’t know.