Sound for playing

I have just bought Dorrico. But now the sound when I play the music is not the same as in the beginning. What sound was there first it was better.
Margaretha

Welcome to the forum Margaretha !
I’m sorry to say you bring really too little information for us to help you… What exactly is the problem you’re having with sound ? You don’t like the instruments’ sounds? What was there at the beginning? Same instruments ? Or is it more a technical problem?

What is the name of the sound thatwas there in the beginning Halion sonic or what?

My guess is that you did some work while you were on the trial period and now after buying the full version of Dorico the sounds have changed to something that you don’t like as much. Is that correct? If yes, did you buy the Pro version? If not, I’m afraid that you might wish to use the ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’ playback template, which unfortunately is Pro only; if yes try switching to another playback template in one of your affected projects. This is how you do it:

1. Switch to Play mode if you are not already there.
  2. In the top menu, choose ‘Play’ → ‘Playback Template…’.
  3. Choose any of the available playback templates that are not selected and press ‘Apply and Close’.
  4. Try playing back your score. If it still sounds wrong, keep trying the other available playback templates until you find one that you are happy with or until you have gone through them all.