Sound from UR44 while driver is disabled (vMix problem)

Hi all,

So, I can use the UR44 even when it is not connected to a computer. I just plug in a pair of speakers and use the inputs for mics and keyboard. It’s a good stand-alone feature, especially when recording a band into Cubase; if there is a blue screen or PC plug is pulled out, at least the sound is still going.

But here comes the problem; although Cubase will disable that stand-alone feature, vMix won’t. vMix is a broadcasting software. I hear double voice when I speack on the mic; the voice independent to the driver, and the voice from enabling the track. I have to run the dspMix software and solo the DAW in order for vMix to function like Cubase in terms of disabling/muting channels not created. Now I would have to un-solo the DAW and mute the headphone in vMix in order to hear realtime, but the plug-in effects are not heard.

Is there another way around that? Can I disable the stand-alone feature without having to solo tracks and the DAW as attached. Is it a limitation of vMix?

Thank you for your help.

dspMixFX UR442

Use the ASIO driver in Vmix.
This should make use of the ASIO routing and not the dspMixFX settings.
Maybe Vmix needs to initialize the device after taking over the control.

And you can save the settings in a file for stand-alone mode and load it after you exit Vmix.
Or make files for both scenarios.

I actually do use the Stenberg ASIO. Just like Cubase stops the stand-alone, vMix should too. After chatting with tech support, they will implement that feature only if there is a demand for it. Yeah!

Actually, you should route the main out bus to the same channels Cubase uses.
So the DAW would be Vmix in this case.
But I’m not sure if it’s possible on the UR44.

I don’t know how to do that. The right ASIO is selected but the vMix people won’t design it as seach. It would be great; the advantage being taking advantage of zero delay.

No. You have a wrong understanding of Vmix.

That’s very broad. Nevertheless, all I had to do is the following:
If I want to hear the effect from the plug-in, I have to unmute the headphone for the mic channel I’m using even if I hear double. I can also mute bus a and hear from the master only. That allows me to “know” how I sound. Once I am satisfied, then I mute the M for that channel and unmute A (bus).

The reason for that is that I am using (as recommended) a virtual sound card VB Cable-A and VB-Cable B (I could also use NDI). My Zoom input is VB Cable-A on bus A and my Zoom Speaker VB-Cable B on bus B, which enables me to create a sound input in vMix from vb_Cable B and assign it M and B.

That’s why I can’t route everything like in Cubase. But I don’t have access to the virtual audio in Cubase unfortunately unless I switch to Low Latency ASIO and enable the virtual Audio input and out put, but then I am not able to access the UR44 channel when I create a channel for my mic.

How can I access a virtual sound card while connected to the ASIO for the UR44? There I can operate within Cubase and vMix… anyway, that’s crazy… I guess that’s why we have VSTs…!