Sound issue in Dorico 4

Hello!
I have recently bought Dorico 4 Pro. Unfortunately, there is an issue with the sound. Everything sounds extremely ugly, like a [trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr]. This effect also occurs in HALion Sonic. I’ve tried to extend the audio buffer size, but it helped only lightly, and the downside was massive latency :frowning:
What should I do?

Welcome to the forum, @Tsuku. It could well be the sample rate is wrong: can you try changing the sample rate setting in Edit > Device Setup?

Hi!

I had problems with “no sound bc of the wrong sample rate”, so I found the tutorial and changed everything to 44100 Hz. The problem is with the sound quality; I’m not sure how to describe it more accurately than [trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr] sound :frowning:

If you export an audio file, does the exported audio file have the same quality? If so, then please upload that somewhere (here will do, if it’s smaller than 4MB) so we can hear it for ourselves.

No, exported audio sounds normal. The problem happens only in Dorico (and HALion). Here are the sound menus:

Perhaps try installing FlexASIO and giving that a go instead of the Generic Low-Latency ASIO Driver?

Now it works <3

Thank you very much; I wouldn’t possibly find that solution!

1 Like