sound issue ipad pro 10.5

Hello

I am experiencing some serious sound problems on ipad pro 10.5 256 4G, the sound breaks up or just turns in to loud digital noise (not good on phones), espesially while editing, but cpu is not load high. This happens both on internal sound card and external usb cards.

I am not sure if this is a cubase or an apple issue ?
So far it has only occured while using cubasis or cubasis is running.

I have used cubasis on a ipad 9.7 before and never had this issue, I had an ipad 10.5 non 4g for a while but did not use it much for cubasis,but played back I did not notice this.

I would really like to know if this is a software issue that has a likely fix or not.
I tested cubasis for a long time on a borrowed ipad 9.7 before buying an ipad my self, since 95% of the reason I have an ipad (and not something else) is to use cubasis/music softeware
I will try to return it if it does not work.

Arne

Hi Arne,

Thanks for your message.

In our recent testings we have not found any issues matching your descriptions.

However there seems to be other users having issues with the newer iPad devices as well, regardless of the music apps in use:

From what we’ve heard these issue might be solved by Apple with the release of iOS.
To be on the safe side, I suggest to get in touch with Apple directly.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

Hi Arne,

one of our users have latency problems with one of the newer iPad devices as well.
See his report and current status regarding Apple’s feedback right here: Apple's iPadPro 12.9 (2017) has latency problems - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums

Best,
Lars

Hello
Yes, it seems people have had same issues in different apps also.
I waited for ios 11 to see if it fixed it, but still had issues, but also in another audio app.
I just had time to return it.
If there is confirmed fix for such issues I will consider it again.

Arne

Hi arnesl,

As stated earlier, please get in touch with Apple to let them know about the issues.

Best,
Lars

Hello

I have sent feedback / bug report.

Arne