Sound moves on export?

Hi there.

I recently upgraded for the 64bit rewire. all sounds/runs good. but when i export the audio mixdown in cubase (in this case a bassline) get moved and out of synch?? :o

Tryied both on realtime and whitout, everytime the same result. Sounds right when pressing play but in the mixdown version the reason-rewire sounds are out of sync with the cubase audio recordings?

Please help

Kind regards.

Morten.

It might be that the project you are importing to is set to musical mode and the baseline is not. Have you altered the time sig? Try ticking the imported track to musical mode.

Too, you can export the track and send it right back to the project it came from, all in the export window. When you do this, does the exported track line up with the project it came from? It should.

So, not clear on your situation, but if you are trying to build a duplicate project but with edited tracks, it’s also possible your other tracks were exported differently than this baseline because you altered the original project along the way.

Sometimes it’s better to use the batch export if you haven’t tried that, but that requires that you export all tracks simultainiously. This way, if the tracks in the project line up, they will all line up in your new project when you import them.

Hello,

Is it in sync during the playback? What about your Mixdown settings? Is there the same sample rate and bit depth, as it is in the Project Setup? And what about the settings of ReWire app? Is it the same too?

my project settings is 96.000 32bit float, runs on a rme fireface 800 / i7 12 gb ram.

Is it in sync during the playback? : yeah, sounds good when playback.

What about your Mixdown settings? :tried different ones, all out of sync, but some more than others. even when it’s the exact same setup as project settings.

And what about the settings of ReWire app? : well it’s slave so can only be the same rate. the menu is greyed out.

It might be that the project you are importing to is set to musical mode and the baseline is not.: i have tried different combinations on musical mode versus linear, none have a the satisfying result.

Too, you can export the track and send it right back to the project it came from, all in the export window. When you do this, does the exported track line up with the project it came from? It should.: The Exact same result when exported to track…

the reason/rewire are not exported to cubase, just send trough rewire.

also tried to push the delay compensation.

must be something i don’t understand… :nerd: i mean works so well on playback.

Kind regards

Morten.

Are you using Mixdown in realtime, or non-realtime?

Did you try to record it from all tracks to the one track directly?

Hello again.

I think the thing is that i’ve wanted the best of the best and setup cubase to a 32bit float. Not knowing that the ficeface 800 only supported 24. It had no effect on my work when i saved a project at that bit rate, but when the project was rewired, then the sound moved both on audio mixdown of the whole thing or just a lane from within rewire(unaffected of musical mode). It however stays perfectly placed when downgrading the export/mixdown to 24bit.

Beginners trouble i guess, but can i gain enything at all by setting up a project at 32bit float, even thoug my hardware seems unsuited. Somekind of intern bit rate or some?

King regard.

Morten.

Wow, interesting. In regards to the 32bit float, if you are mixing down a track that you are going to reimport into Cubase or a bunch of tracks for that matter, then it is wise to export in 32 bit float. Cubase does its work in 32 bit float, in other words, so no need to export in, say 24 bit, and return it to Cubase where Cubase will readjust it to 32 bit float. At least that’s my thinking on it after talking with some people here.

So , if you’re asking, I create a 24 bit project and export my finished product to 24 bit. However, if I export a track that I bring back to the project for further editing or just to use, I export in 32 bit float.

In the case of REWIRE, based on what you just stated, I would create a project in 24 bit and export in 24 bit and just be happy Cubase was working in 32 bit float. :slight_smile:

Oh. As to the benefit of working in 32 bit you will have gobs more headroom. This said, 24 bit is huge.