SOUND NOT PICKING UP (SQUEAKY NOISE/LOW VOLUME)

Hi there,

I bought a Steinberg UR22 not long ago and when i’m testing out my Rode Nt1-A Microphone when plug it in, it does not work very well. I tried different app to record my voice but none work (Imovie, Garageband)… that was mac but then i switched to window to see if it work (Audacity, Recording studio) still nothing pick up. What i did was I plug my audio interface into my laptop, then the xlr to both end from the microphone into the interface, i did what everyone does but its not working for me.

I decided to record it anyway and post this audio on youtube and see if you guys know what is happening to my audio, is it my interface or microphone.
https://youtu.be/HRSxAocxK5o

Don’t mind the picture i just put it there, so yeah i hope you guys could help me out, much appreciate!

Regards,
E.E

Please change the position of the +48V switch in the back of your UR audio interface.

I’ve turn that +48V switch off and it just doesnt pick up sound at all

Extra info: It kind of pick up sound if i whisper a bit or if i talk in a specific way. But its still gives a buzzing sound or does not pick up my sound when talking.

Hello Bryeant

I am also struggling with same. Don’t know what is going wrong. :frowning: .
Interface pick up sound when you rotate gain to almost full and it start clipping. I am using Audio Technica Pro 70 microphone.
I think i had very hard time using Steinberg Ur12.