Sound not playing out, (only metronome beep)?

Hi guys,

Wondered if you could help - I’ve tried to add 6 parts to an empty score, put some dots down and when I play it back, I can only hear the metronome beep. I don’t know what’s out of the ordinary this time as I often use Dorico 5 SE for ensemble music.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum @marimba10.

Did you do install the sound content packages, isn’t Dorico complaining for missing components and sounds?

And please do from the Dorico menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here. Thanks

Welcome to the forum, @marimba10. Sorry you’re having problems. Do any of the instruments in your project play back, or are all of them silent? Could you do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here so we can take a look at the logs from your computer?

All of them are silent, but when I use DoricoBeep it plays the rhythms. I’m trying to make a diagnostic report at the moment.
Thanks

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (3.9 MB)

On the face of it, things look OK. I notice you’re using a user account called “test” on your computer. I wonder whether perhaps the “test” user isn’t allowed to read the location where the HALion Sonic samples are located? Please check whether the folder /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound has read access for the “test” user.

Ah, the name “test” is the initial name of my iMac (refurbished) when it arrived.
There is no ‘Application Support’ in my Library, only ‘Music Fonts’, ‘Expression Maps’, ‘Percussion Maps’, ‘Playback Techniques’ and ‘Layout Options’.
Earlier, there was a window which I think said HALion on it? It closed after a few seconds. Maybe I don’t have something installed?

Sorry!

That’s OK, no problem. You won’t see the system-level Library folder in the Finder by default. In a Finder window, type Shift-Command-G to open the “go to folder” window, and paste in this path:

/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/

Check the permissions on the VST Sound folder.