Sound of the'70s: Yamaha Vintage Plug-In Collection released

Dear forum members,

Today Steinberg officially releases the Yamaha Vintage Plug-In Collection. The collection is based on the renowned VCM technology, which was already used to create the Rupert Neve Designs Plug-ins 5033/5043. The Yamaha Vintage Plug-In Collection is specially designed to bring back the sound of 1970s analog gear and is available in three packages: The Vintage Channel Strip, the Vintage Open Deck and the Vintage Stomp Pack.

Vintage Channel Strip
The Vintage Channel Strip consists of three plug-ins, the EQ 601, the Compressor 260 and the Compressor 276, reproducing the sound characteristics of several classic hardware EQ and compressor devices from the 1970s.

Vintage Open Deck
The Vintage Open Deck employs the VCM technology to recreate the analog circuitry and tape characteristics that shaped the sound of open-reel tape recorders. Legendary tape recorders from Studer or Ampex have created a sound, which is only difficult to find in today’s production environments. The Vintage Open Deck is a four-in-one tape machine emulation with different sound characteristics to choose from: Swiss ‘70, Swiss ‘78, Swiss ‘85 and American ‘70.

Vintage Stomp Pack
Vintage Stomp Pack is a bundle of five ultra-realistic Yamaha guitar stomp box plug-ins that enriches every production with the classic sound of the 1970s. Consisting of three phaser plug-ins (Dual Phaser, Yamaha Phaser and Max 100), a Yamaha flanger and a first-class wah-wah effect, this bundle is a must-have for musicians and sound designers.

All packages can be purchased at the Steinberg online shop or at your favorite dealer. In addition, the EQ 601, the Compressor 260 and the Compressor 276 can also be purchased separately (only as a download in the Steinberg online shop).

More information are available on the product website: Yamaha Vintage Plug-In Collection website
There you can also find a 30-day trial version of all plug-ins (one installer).

Have fun with the sound of the 1970s! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Timo

shouldn’t this be posted in the fx section as it’s not exactly a cubase 6 topic its a yamaha one :wink:

Yeah, mods should move this to the Lounge :stuck_out_tongue:

Blatant advertising, but I like it. I just wish I could afford it… C’mon guy’s please give us steinberg comrades some decent discounts, for both the yamaha & rupert neve plugs. C’mon, there’s a serious recession. Can’t not help to ask

Hazy

Hey, joking aside, is there a reason there isn’t a dedicated forum in the VST area like for Portico? I’ve been demoing and wonder where we are supposed to discuss the various plugs.

Hello,

the dedicated forum for the Yamaha Vintage Plug-In Collection is now set up and running!

Cheers,
Timo