Sound Setup

I have a problem but I need someone to help me that doesn’t mind talking to me like I’m a 3rd grader! I have gone through several of the tutorials on this subject but I can’t seem to figure it out! I purchased a Yahama Montage about a year ago and by the time I realized that it came with a trial version of Cubase, the trial had expired. So when Cubase 10 Pro came out I purchased it online. I’m having trouble setting up the audio I/O and I’m not sure how to fix it. I think the problem is that I’m not exactly sure what is the best way to route the audio. I have a PC and I’m running windows 10. I also have a 8 track USB audio interface connected to 2 powered speakers from when I was using Mixcraft. So my question is; how do I route the audio I/O so I can get sound from the DAW, use the Montage as a controller and have it all come through my powered speakers? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been struggling with this for months. Thnx in advance.

Hi and welcome,

If you are not going to use Montage sounds (and you really want to use Montage as controller only), then it’s simple. Just use your other 8 track USB Audio Interface as an Audio card in Cubase: Studio > Studio Setup > VST Audio System > ASIO Driver. That’s it. You don’t need more.