Sound stops working in Cubase Artist 6.5.1

I have a strange problem with cubase 6.5.1. It also occured in 6.5 and 6. I can work in cubase just fine and the next time i open it there are no sound. If i check the drivers setting its correct, bus setting are correct etc. And if i try to do some changes it just hangs and works slow. The sound outside cubase works just fine. Only way i have found to solve it is to do a system restore, but then it just comes back after a short time.

System i have is: Windows 7 x64 (installed 32-bit cubase)
Rme baby face soundcard

The error codes i find in eventviewer is as follow;
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 26.03.2012 20:23:40
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Frekk-Desktop
Description:
The program Cubase6.exe version 6.5.1.117 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 86c
Start Time: 01cd0b7d75dbd69c
Termination Time: 33
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Cubase6.exe
Report Id:

And this as well:

Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 26.03.2012 20:11:39
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Frekk-Desktop
Description:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Cubase6.exe
P2: 6.5.1.117
P3: 4f3e2da4
P4: ee71
P5: 18432
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\Frekk\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF3FF.tmp.appcompat.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\Frekk\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_Cubase6.exe_85128ff121b9d63530d82a421cfe69b278af12ff_07e4fce5

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 1fd9636f-776f-11e1-9f1d-8b2cfda84f4b

Anybody have ideas aboout this.

/Frekk

Hello,

Do you have the last version of the BabyFace sound card? Try to unplug the sound card, set “None” driver (I hope, this is in the Windows too) in the Cubase, connect the BabyFace back, and set this as the ASIO driver.

Best,

Thanks for the answer. I did not work though. The sound is still gone. However i narrowed it down a bit. It happens when i have used a chatprogram called Camfrog. This program has both video and uses the asio driver. I close that program and after that cubase sound disappear.

I have the new babyface and in that program i use spdif drivers. The video is just my webcam.

Hello,

Do you use the Cubase and the Camfrog together? It’s not possible to use 2 applications with same ASIO driver together. There is option in the Cubase Devices > Device Setup > VST Audio System. There is “Release Driver when Application is in Background”. If this is On, Cubase will stops everytime, if it’s in background. If it’s Off, you can’t here the sound from different sound application.

Try to check this.

Best,

Hello,

Please do not use other programs etc. and share them with the same audio hardware when working with a music program.

Please have a look at this knowledge basearticle.

Cheers,

Chris

I know. I do not use them at the same time though. That’s the strange thing. I will do some more testing on my computer and see if i can figure away around it.

Now this starts to be annoying. Now it happens even after a fresh start. Wonder if it could be in connection with running 32 bit cubase on a 64 bit setup.

Thanks to RME i have no narrowed down the problem to be a Cubase issue. I tried to download Reaper to see weather it was the ASIO drivers and they worked just fine. I tried to start a whole new project in Cubase from the ground and it worked fine.

I recently updated to 6.5 so there must be somethign in the update that makes the files from 6.0 go corrupt or not working properly. I have tried to save them in 6.5 under new names, i have also tried to clear all channels, plugins, vst connections, soundcard etc without any success. Any ideas how i can save my projects now without go back to an older version of cubase 6.