Sound waves shown with wrong frequency in Frequency plugin

Yes I see that. For some reason I can’t get the “edit permissions” page to fix that. I’ll work on this.

image002.jpg

Philippe,

I believe I’ve updated the permissions to allow you to download the files now found at the link above.

https://soundcloud.com/pacfic_edge_voices/sets/frequency-test-audio-files/s-87OFwGBoXJF?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Steve

PG,
I haven’t heard any result on the problem with the Wavelab Frequency plugin since I provided 440 Hz and 329.6 Hz audio recordings for download from my Soundcloud account. It looks as though a S.E. Hansson downloaded those audio files on May 5th. I’m hoping this is a Steinberg associate. I’m very interested in the final outcome for this mystery.
Thanks,
Steve

I can reproduce. I guess the 48kHz (and not 44.1 Khz) has something to see with the problem.
I have forwarded the problem to the concerned person. I don’t know when this will be resolved.

PG,
Remember I got the same incorrect 398 Hz frequency reading from the Wavelab Frequency plugin when I tested an iPhone recording of the 440 Hz tuning fork. The iPhone does not sample at 48K and it’s an mp4 file. This iPhone recording is also on my Soundcloud account for you to download. This is something within the Frequency plugin because your other plugins (i.e. SuperVision) give the correct frequency with these audio files. I hope you can find the problem because I would find Frequency to be a very useful plugin.
Thank you,
Steve

The file you provided “A 440 Hz iPhone.m4a” is a 48 kHz file.

PG,
Ahh, you are correct; 48K-32bit for iPhone. Oddly I’ve found that if I restart Wavelab 11 Pro, load the Frequency plugin first and then load either the 48K WAV or mp4 440 Hz file I get a fairly correct frequency reading for the 440 Hz peak. If I then remove the Frequency plugin and reload the Frequency plugin it now gives me the 398 Hz reading for the 440 Hz peak in both the WAV and mp4 audio file. Perhaps this importance of the loading order is useful.
Steve

This should be fixed in WaveLab 11.1

PG
Thank you! I’ve enjoyed using Wavelab since version 3.
Steve