Sound won't come through my headphones!

Exactly that what Marc mentions. Have a look in the NotePerformer editor window and have a look for signs that it actually produces audio.

On the other hand, try following:
Attach the monitor to your laptop, start Dorico and load a project, make sure sound comes through the built-in speakers.
Then plug-in the headphones (sound is dead, right?), close the current project and open it again. Still dead?

While it is dead, please check in the NotePerformer window for the mentioned activity.

I just tried that. It still isn’t working. The sound keeps coming out of my laptop speakers. The light is coming on in NotePerformer.

I’m a bit busy because there are so many issue I have to deal with right now, but I will take a look in due time and come back as soon as possible.

@ThatViolaGuy,

(Forgive me and ignore if totally irrelevant): on a Mac you also need also to choose the output device - in your case headphones vs built-in speakers. In the Sound > Output System Preference pane. If you’re on a Mac, have you done that; if you’re on Windows, have you set its equivalent?

Are all other sound sources routed to headphones as desired? Is it just Dorico’s output?

@ThatViolaGuy, sorry for coming back so late.

I did not have too much time to ponder over your problem, but I still think it is an issue on the operating system level.

Can you please prove the following point?
When you plug-in your headphones and the sound is dead, what is the mixer window in Dorico showing?
Does it show metering while playing back?
If that is the case, then Dorico’s audio engine is producing audio data and hands it over to the audio interface, i.e. in your case the built-in audio device.
That then is the point where it is out of our (Dorico’s) hands what happens to the audio. If it goes out via speakers or headphones is then controlled by the OS or the hardware itself.

The sound isn’t dead; it comes out of my laptop speakers. It does show metering.

So what if you right click on the little speaker icon on the right side of your taskbar and then choose ‘Sounds’ from the popup menu?
A little window opens and in there choose the ‘Playback’ tab. What is shown as default device? Maybe you could also post a screenshot.

curious how this was solved. i’m experiencing the same thing. can’t figure it out. im running cubase. i have asio4all installed and it is the selected driver in cubase. when i go into the control panel for the asio4all driver, there is no headphones output option. i’m able to get my cubase session to play through my laptop speakers, but just can’t seem to get it though my laptop headphone output. please help!