Soundcard issues

Good afternoon:

I’d like to be able to use Dorico simultaneously with other programs (Reaper, Sibelius) but I’m running into issues. I am on windows 7 64 bit, soundcard is a legacy M-Audio Projectmix.

In Dorico, I have two driver options:

• M Audio Firewire ASIO, which gives good performance and playback through my Projectmix and connected speakers, but does not allow any other program to use ASIO. Clicking the device control panel in Dorico to adjust the settings, does not have any effect.

• Generic Low Latency ASIO driver (that’s the driver that comes with Dorico, no?), which has two hardware outputs: 1. S/PDIF and 2. internal speakers. The S/PDIF routs the signal to the Projectmix, but at a very low level, which I can’t adjust.

Playback through the internal speakers actually isn’t that bad, with a headphone plugged into the headphone output. But is that my only option? What about e.g. using some of the generic windows drivers like DS, or WASAPI? I can do that with Reaper and Sibelius running simultaneously, Reaper using the Projectmix ASIO driver, and Sibelius DS, or Wasapi. Latency in Sibelius is high, but that’s okay.

Thanks!

ASIO4ALL might accomplish what you’re setting out to do. http://asio4all.com

Well, I’ll be darned, this works! Thanks Traubitz!