Soundcard problems after updating my OS X

Hi.

I’m having some trouble and I need some help. I’m not very good at this so I will try my best to explain.
I recently updated my OS X. (big mistake, I learned) This has caused som issues with Cubase and my soundcard.
Cubase runs fine alone, with the internal speakers. My soundcard, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, also runs fine by itself with the mac. But the two together is suddenly a disaster.
Everything worked fine until i updated the OS X. When starting Cubase, it locates the soundcard. But it automaticly disapears from the Mac. But the biggest problem is that nothing works in Cubase. Well it works but every sound, pre recorded or just a plug-in in a new project is just horribly disstorted. I press down a key on the MIDI keybord and it’s just a wall of noise. The input level also is just jammed to the top as soon as I route the Focusrite.
Why is this? Do I have to by a new soundcard, or is there a easy solution to this?
Thanks.

Hi,

Try to increase the Buffer Size, please.

Cubase 7 is not officialy compatible with Mac OS X 10.11, and there is an known issue with the Class Compliant driver, which is also Focusrite using. I would recommend you to upgrade to Cubase 8.5.

Changing the buffer size had no impact at all.

So I guess I’ll have to update Cubase then. Can I do that for free?
If not, isn’t it cheaper to by a new soundcard?

Oh, I know…

Focusrite is using ClassCompliant driver. Since Mac OS X 10.11, there is a change in this component and Cubase was modified (updated). But this update was applied just for the current Cubase versions of course (Cubase 8 and 8.5).

There is no sound when you use Sample Rate higher than 48kHz. Try to use 44.1 Sample Rate. Then you should get a sound.

If this is the issue, you have to upgrade your Cubase (it’s not for free) or change your Audio Device. Steinberg Audio Devices don’t use CC driver, so it should work.