SoundCloud Integration in Cubase 6 ?

sure, it’s not my call and i can’t decide for anyone else, just my opinion

totally crap idea ,its a production tool not a kinder garden :unamused:

regards
john

Open minded bunch, this. :laughing:

Seriously, and forget about Soundcloud (death to Soundcloud :slight_smile: ), I also use Vegas and sure, I can upload a video to YouTube from any browser… but I don’t have to. I can do it right from Vegas with a script. Many people use that script simply because… well… if you make videos for YouTube you don’t have to change applications. You can do it all from there.

It has nothing to do with editing video or audio in Vegas… or Vegas being a professional video editing / production tool or rendering another version that will go somewhere else manually. It’s an off-line process… like any other off-line process.

Death To Smoochy. :mrgreen:

Oh, I forgot. I vote no. :laughing:

Totally stupid idea. :smiley:
Sorry… but… you asked.

Seriously… How hard is it to export and then upload?
Do we need automatic bread bag openers? How about making TV sets that also turn on and off room lights?

No interest here.

Why Soundcloud particularly?

Adobe have successfully integrated a similar feature into products like Lightroom. This allows the easy publishing of pics to sites like Facebook, Flkr etc. I use it all the time as it’s VERY convenient. Similarly, it wouldn’t bother me particularly if there was a way to send an MP3 mixdown directly to an OMD of choice from inside Cubase.

:sunglasses:

I nose what you mean.

Maybe Facebook should allow a music album facility like it’s image album facility? After all the hideous myspace is now all but dead.

I agree. No reason to use Soundcloud over another service unless there is a benefit. One host that currently uses Soundcloud is also partnering up with Nimbit. http://www.nimbit.com/ I’m not sure how that’s all going to work ultimately, if it will be a direct publishing from the host kinda thing or not.

I use these Reverbnation Band Pages but these of course can only be used with an independent Facebook page which have to setup and manage from your main profile. And of course it syncs directly with your Reverbnation page. Not sure whether you can sync to such a page from anywhere else? I think it’s a Reverbnation thing only.
But I guess potentially Steinberg could design their equivalent Facebook ‘Band Page’ and allow Cubase/Nuendo to sync straight in.

On a similar note, I use Sony Vegas, and while I’ve never actually used the feature, it does allow you to render a video straight to Youtube.

It is good that C6 can export directly to wavelab.

Give me double click on an audio part and open in wavelab and I’ll be wanting no more. :astonished:

Parsley primer? :laughing:

Dunno. You’d have to investigate and see. It wouldn’t surprise me if someone else had a Facebook plugin but I don’t know.

Yeah, totally stupid! Multitasking tools is a stillborn idea over a certain level of complexity. You can’t have a “computer” that you just press start on and then sit back and wait.
Why not take the time and learn how to fine tune your MP3s for maximum performance for the target audience instead of relying on some generic template in Cubase to spit something useful out, then come back and blaming Steinberg for crappy MP3 exporter … :laughing:

I’m trying really hard to ignore this thread (obviously failing miserably :laughing: ) but there are so many straw man arguments here I’m really afraid that Steiny HQ might burn down if anyone lights a cigarette. :smiley:

Again, forget Soundcloud completely. Pretend it simply doesn’t exist, assume there is no such thing…

What does “tuning your mp3’s for maximum performance” have to do with uploading an mp3 or wave (audio files) from a audio production application to a web server? What “generic template” are you referring to that spits things out somewhere and who asked for such a thing? Who here in this thread has previously “blamed Steiny for a crappy mp3 exporter”?

So much straw… might wanna keep the fire department on speed dial. :laughing:

Again, I voted “no” because most responding don’t want it. But… I didn’t create things that don’t exist in the OP’s request to argue against while doing so.

Well, okay! I’ll bring marshmellows, just in case.

But everyone here is going to have to bring their own marshmellow-roasting-stick (MRS). I prefer a hardwood MRS made of heat-treated hickory … the tone is much better. I advise to definitely stay away from those cheap, finger-jointed pine MRSs … they don’t work worth a darn and sound awful! :wink:

I’ll bring some fresh shrimp and aluminum foil to wrap them in. :smiley: At least it won’t be a total loss, we’ll have a good snack. :laughing:

You Michael Jackson impersonators might want to stay back beyond the yellow line though. I’ll be too busy cooking to put you out if you catch on fire.
“Just roll him around a little… he’ll be ok…”

But I did. I’m freezing and I need a fire! :blush: :cry:
What I meant was why create tools inside Cubase when the web is already saturated with good and bad ones?
I’m not sure how you read the rest but maybe I’m blurry.
I’ve been sitting on needles over an argument IRL for almost a week which I’ve probably taken out on this poor forum without realizing it. The argument is resolved and I’ll practice all forms of shutting up now for a while and let’s see how that goes. :open_mouth: Sorry for the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah …

I may be the blurry one. :confused: But I read it as you arguing with yourself against things that nobody had requested since the thing in question (the OP) really had said nothing about any of those things you were talking about and you dismissed him bluntly (with straw man arguments) as if he had.

OP: How about if we can (one day) upload our mixes directly (to wherever) without using another app?
You: Stupid idea. Maybe you should learn how to make better mp3’s, stop using templates, and don’t blame Steiny for bad mp3’s later.
Me: :question: :unamused:

But yeah, it’s just conversation…

The Internet is not the best place to communicate and people are (generally speaking) much more dismissive and rude than they are in real life. Think how many times you’ve ever so easily called a stranger’s idea “stupid” directly to his face, inferring the person is stupid in the process, rather than politely disagreeing (respectfully) even if you think an idea is really, really stupid.

It’s the Internet so… rules of common politeness don’t often apply. It’s all about “me”, the guy behind the keyboard.

Regards my friend. I hope our little misunderstanding here doesn’t cause ongoing issues between us. But if that’s the way we’re to communicate I’ll just play along and start calling everyone’s ideas stupid who suggests things I don’t want or need.

When in Rome… :laughing:

Joe: “Hey, how about we be able to put in more metadata in our mix files some time later on?”

Jack: “Stupid idea! (from a stupid person, the implication) Just do it in iTunes, like I do. My way is of course the only logical way and I don’t really know you so there’s no need to be polite. You’re idea is stupid.” :mrgreen:

I can do that. I think I will do that… infer “What do you think?” to mean “Just be as rude as you can while you tell me what you think.”