Soundcloud Integration

Agreed

Disagreed. Steinberg, with Cubase has developed a great brand. You don’t rename Mercedes Benz just for the hell of it, for instance.

There’s no real reason I can imagine why they shouldn’t be able to fix the UI in Cubase. It should not be a heart transplant. If it is, they’ve screwed up the segregation of UI and other logic somehow. That is less common these days in professional projects. Modern, experienced developerss employ well-established design patterns to minimize such dependencies. Not saying it will be easy, but it should be possible in say Cubase 7. I wouldn’t expect it before then either.

I don’t either.

Well, that makes four of us…three and a half, if you consider I have a dual boot setup :wink: .

Mauri.

On my latest DAW puter I just did a Cartman and said “screw this, I’m going internet!”.
I have a multi boot configuration and do all serious/not so serious browsing on my web boot and on the DAW boot almost exclusively check in here when I think I need a break OR I download some program update from a software company site.

I had an underpowerd DAW and a severly underpowered laptop for the web but it was kinda good enough for Internet file sizes. At least up to 2008-ish then I started to feel the pain :laughing: So it was a great relief to get a spanking new puter in 2010. :sunglasses:

Nor do I - though, for the first time at the recent 6.5 update, I had to get online to bring my 5 and a half year old Vista box up to spec, for that update to install properly… around 460Mb of Windows Updates needed…! I’d got it to SP2 over the years (from a DVD), but that was about it.

But, as soon as that was solved, the internet plug was pulled - and its not going back in… :wink:

Mind, there is a lesson learned here. I will try to update more regularly (as long as Vista support is there - any drivers, graphics adapter, BIOS, .NET Framework, security stuff, etc…).

Microsoft is withdrawing support for Vista next month .

Source? Not seeing this on the Interwebs.

I’m still getting automatic updates/security patches for my XP SP3 machines.

Still a lot of XP boxes in hospitals, government, etc. There would be a sh!tstorm if they stopped patching it.

I think he was just trying to spook me out…!!

XP support runs out in 2014:-
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/endofsupport.aspx

So, Vista will be sometime after that I would guess… :wink:

Source ; this month’s Sound On Sound magazine ( March 2012 ) .
PC Notes column by Martin Walker says ;

" Microsoft will no longer offer mainstream support such as enhancements , bug fixes and security updates for their Vista operating system from April 2012 , in line with their usual timescale of five years from the official release date . "

In other words, “Yeah, we know we screwed up. Big time.”