SoundCloud Question (settings)?

Paul,
You make the folder first, then navigate to there. When I did this I then dragged and dropped the file right into that spot or folder. Worked good.

I am wondering if one were to put the security permissions to say “full public” and use smaller files like MP3 (though the sound quality will suffer some), if maybe you could see all the files and “preview” them or listen without download? That really is how it should work. I know my daughter uploaded a ton of pictures for the family and did it in such a way that you could see all the pics. Oh I just thought of something, I wonder what happens if you set the permission to “no download”? Would it then allow one to do the preview?

LB

You have a very creative mind !! lol :ugeek:

Will try all of this out now…

I have created a folder with two tracks in. 1 x wav, 1 x mp3.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByepppzJGXGeQlBHajQyX1BGUWc&usp=sharing

Maybe you can preview the mp3 because it will be small. And maybe that’s why your daughter could view uploaded pics because they are also small.

(I just checked. Yes you can preview mp3, but NOT wav.).

And here are the same two audio files in a PRIVATE folder :-

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByepppzJGXGedkZqMnc5QXBqTm8&usp=sharing

I don’t think you will be able to access this private one though. If you want to share a PRIVATE folder it seems that this can only be done by sharing it via email (you add their email address to the list), and can not be done via pasting a ‘link’.

Ah I see you figured out that by creating a folder and sharing it, all the contents will show up! Now that is the way it should work and does. I am not sure if a WAV is the villain in not being able to “preview” the file. It is possible it is due to size. Maybe over 10 MB or some other threshold it prevents the preview? Well good deal, I know where I will be sharing my files from in the future as this deal is almost too good to be true.

Are you going to switch to posting your stuff up to Google Drive?

LB

(added another link to the above post).

I will have to try out VIDEOS before I make up my mind as to whether or not I will use Goole Drive exclusively.

Heres the SoundCloud ‘segue play’ disable download !! :-