Soundtrack for the Collapse of Civilization

I’ve just published my new album at Bandcamp.
Soundtrack for the Collapse of Civilization

It’s a soundtrack to a film I hope will never be made. Many of these you may have heard already on Soundcloud, but three have never been posted here, some have been renamed, and all have had additional mix tweaking.

I also made a video :
History of Fire Part 2

Thanks to everybody here who helped me with useful input on many of these pieces.

I hope you enjoy it, and feel free to spread the news if you like it.

Leon

That’s some really fine guitar playing. What are you using?

Thanks, Raino. The acoustic parts were done on a Japanese hand-made classical guitar that I bought many years ago. The electric guitars were an ES-335, a Les Paul Studio Deluxe, and a Strat.

Yay!

Listening now - beautiful! Great quality of sound too. Will report back once I’ve got to the final collapse!

Steve.

Hi Steve, glad to hear that the CD finally got there!

Very impresive !!! quality flying around all over the place, there are not enough superlatives!

1 Like

Thanks for listening, Kevin, and the kind words!

I’ve been decorating and working in the garden for the last several months. One of the benefits of doing that is the ability to listen to a lot of music. One of my regular listens has been Soundtrack for the Collapse of Civilisation. It’s such a lovely collection of tracks and such a lovely collection of styles. I agree with Kevin - quality flying around all over the place. I’ve got very limited experience of classical or orchestrated music, but I got flavours of Samuel Barber, Frank Zappa, and some Ronnie Jordan acid jazz. Just great stuff. And my impression from my very first listen has remained - the technical quality of the recording and mixing is uniformly excellent. The guitar playing is excellent with a wide range of styles. The different time signatures are thoroughly enjoyable because they always sound completely natural. Brilliant stuff Leon, get another CD out before the final collapse!

Steve.

Great to hear from you, Steve! I suppose I haven’t settled into one genre. But I was trying to piece together a lot of different ideas into a cohesive tale. That’s the point of an album, isn’t it? Really appreciate your feedback.

Hi Leon,
I haven’t been on here in a while, so I hadn’t checked this out. It’s great. I like what I’m hearing, and have now joined your army of followers on bandcamp. Like you, I hope we don’t see the film ever get made, but at least we know the soundtrack will be worth hearing!
John

Hey John, thanks for giving it a listen. I saved a few pieces out from exposure here, hoping some of you guys would notice them. I hope the narrative makes sense.

Appreciate your thoughts!

Well, i missed too…
Leon, It’s quite impressive. You have a real talent for Orchestration!
Seems that i already listened to couple of songs in the past, but in another formula. Did you kind of rewrite them for Orchestra?

Hi Stephane, glad you found it! I’m wondering which tune you are referencing. I have made gradual improvements as I got better string instruments, and I spent a lot of time on the mixes since posting most (but not all) of the tracks here. Maybe you’re referring to the very last piece, which I renamed History of Fire Part III (used to be called Epilogue).