SP 3, Net Frame 3.5 - how do I tell if my XP has it loaded?

It seems that it’s important to have that loaded in order to have C6 work on XP. I know I have SP3, but how do I tell if I have Net Frame 3.5 loaded or not?

Thanks -

Check if this folder exists on your drive:
“C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5”

If not download from microsoft update …

Cool - thanks, Rejknir!

or goto control panel> add +remove programs and its displayed in the list !

.net framwork 3.5 is a cumulative update, which also will update any .net framework from 2 on up. If you ever have problems with .net stuff, use this tool (attached). It will do a more thorough job than the actual uninstaller. (Mainly for XP, I’m not sure how it would work for Windows 7).

[added- You’ll have to reinstall the versions you need from the microsoft site after you remove them though. Just thought I’d add that] :slight_smile:
dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip (256 KB)

Ah, this does not always work, setup issue with some peoples computer I gather, so looking for the folder is a safer bet.

never heard of an issue of NOT being in add and remove programs before ,id say if it wasn’t there then its not installed and it is perfectly SAFE to look in the folder i described !

never heard of an issue of NOT being in add and remove programs before ,id say if it wasn’t there then its not installed and it is perfectly SAFE to look in the folder i described !

Corruption and program/updates missing from the add/remove in XP are actually quite common, very common in fact, less so in Vista and 7 but we have seen that problems there as well from time to time, more common with updates than programs but still both happen