Speakers Not Working?

Hello. Earlier I installed Cubase AI 6 and plugged my Steinberg CL1 audio device into my laptop. I now have two problems, however.

1. While Steinberg CL1 is plugged into my laptop via USB, no audio can be played through my speakers at all. E.G. if I go on YouTube and click on any video then I can’t hear it through my speakers. But I can as soon as I unplug Steinberg CL1 then I can hear audio again just like normal. I have no idea why this is because I didn’t have this problem with my old computer, which I used the same product on. I’m not using any external speakers, just my laptop speakers by the way. If that helps.

2. When I first opened Cubase AI 6 earlier, the first thing I did was go to device setup. I went to the VST Audiosystem and set the ASIO driver to Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO and clicked ok. Then when I went to VST connections, under the Inputs tab, when I clicked on the device ports it gave me the option to change them to Steinberg Cl1 - 1 and Steinberg CL1 - 2. So far so good.
    However, when I went to the Outputs tab to change the device ports there, I was only given the option change to change them to Steinberg Cl1 - 1 and Steinberg CL1 - 2. There was no other options for setting them to my speakers or anything. Just setting them to CL1.

Another thing I should mention is that whenever I open up Cubase AI 6, after opening a project, a window will appear telling me that some ports are unmapped. These ports are named Microphone High Definition 1 and Microphone High Definition 2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smiley: I really wanna get to making some more music.

Anomal: IMO – I would get some external powered speakers
and plug them into the steinberg CL1 and not use the laptop speakers. :wink:

Jack :slight_smile: