Special music os?

With integrated cubase?

No.

Everywhere else in the industry things are becoming less proprietary e.g. Pro Tools 9 opening up to allow the use of third party ASIO/Core Audio hardware. I don’t understand why you would want Steinberg to go the other way.

Also when you talk about a dedicated box with in-house developed OS thats going to sell a relatively small number of units and mention a figure of 2000 euros I think it’s a low estimate. Add another zero maybe.

Also new OS means all the plugin developers would have to update their plugins for it. How long is it taking to to get full 64 bit or even VST3 support?

One of the main plus points of Steinberg products is they are available to anyone. They are cross platform and run on most hardware.

Like this Some pictures of old Steinberg hardware - Steinberg Hardware - Steinberg Forums

I need some discipline. I’m in internet again instead of doing my job…
:blush:
I’m a bit computer geek… so all of my drives are filling with programs and useless files very quickly no matter how hard I try to keep myself not doing that. I remember old times- the place I worked for had soundscape with 3 gb harddrive and 133 mhz computer with 10 GB scsi drive. Happy days and lots of music. Didn’t even know what internet was.
But now… internet, forum, google- hey, I should work now— aahh tomorrow :smiley:

Well, actually, I need to go record live stuff in place so it’s annoying wired hell again. So I thought about options to make my suff more compact and useful. And how to eliminate bad things that disturb working process.
I have to get some rack computer eventually. They seem a bit overpriced though.

Have anybody used touchscreen to control cubase mixer? Is it possible in live situations?

A guy from the old forum, Krush, made this in 2005. “Cubase XP Audio Operating System”.

Is that what you’re talking about?